Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > I-Tunes Install Fails On Windows XP X64 Edition Service Pack 2, Just FYI.

I-Tunes Install Fails On Windows XP X64 Edition Service Pack 2, Just FYI.

For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get The
New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is Running
Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate Edition
Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP X64 Edition
Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major Compatibility
Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's Customized Macro's From
Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From Work (The Problem Occurred
With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service Pack 2, We Have Not Returned
To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came Out For Microsoft Office 2003,
And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And
Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter
Any More Compatibility Issues With Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003,
And My Mom's Customized Macro's From Her Company).

P.S. It Is Also My Opinion That Microsoft Should Void All Of Their Claims
That Microsoft Office 2003 Works Just Fine With X64 Windows Vista RTM, My
Parent's And I Have Found That It Is Definitely Not The Case With Office
2003 Service Pack 2, Just FYI.

P.S.S. These Macro's Problems Do Not Occur With Any Version Of Windows XP
Including Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Service Pack 2, Only Windows Vista RTM
Is Affected By This Macro Bug, Just FYI.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get The
> New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is Running
> Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate
> Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP
> X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major
> Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues With
> Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized Macro's
> From Her Company).

P.S. It Is Also My Opinion That Microsoft Should Void All Of Their Claims
That Microsoft Office 2003 Works Just Fine With X64 Windows Vista RTM, My
Parent's And I Have Found That It Is Definitely Not The Case With Office
2003 Service Pack 2, Just FYI.

P.S.S. These Macro's Problems Do Not Occur With Any Version Of Windows XP
Including Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Service Pack 2, Only Windows Vista RTM
Is Affected By This Macro Bug, Just FYI.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get The
> New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is Running
> Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate
> Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP
> X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major
> Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues With
> Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized Macro's
> From Her Company).

Charlie Russel - MVP

The older iTunes works fine(7.0.x, and I thought 7.1.x). Haven't tried the
newest one on XP x64, though it does work on Vista 64.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get The
> New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is Running
> Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate
> Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP
> X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major
> Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues With
> Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized Macro's
> From Her Company).

Charlie Russel - MVP

Simply not true. I use Office 2k3 SP2 every single day, all day. On Vista
x64.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> P.S. It Is Also My Opinion That Microsoft Should Void All Of Their Claims
> That Microsoft Office 2003 Works Just Fine With X64 Windows Vista RTM, My
> Parent's And I Have Found That It Is Definitely Not The Case With Office
> 2003 Service Pack 2, Just FYI.
>
> P.S.S. These Macro's Problems Do Not Occur With Any Version Of Windows XP
> Including Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Service Pack 2, Only Windows Vista RTM
> Is Affected By This Macro Bug, Just FYI.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get
>> The
>> New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is Running
>> Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate
>> Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP
>> X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major
>> Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
>> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
>> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
>> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
>> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
>> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
>> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues
>> With
>> Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized Macro's
>> From Her Company).

John Barnes

One of the worst offending trolls from Vista, Charlie. Suggest kill-file
and no response.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Simply not true. I use Office 2k3 SP2 every single day, all day. On Vista
> x64.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> P.S. It Is Also My Opinion That Microsoft Should Void All Of Their Claims
>> That Microsoft Office 2003 Works Just Fine With X64 Windows Vista RTM, My
>> Parent's And I Have Found That It Is Definitely Not The Case With Office
>> 2003 Service Pack 2, Just FYI.
>>
>> P.S.S. These Macro's Problems Do Not Occur With Any Version Of Windows XP
>> Including Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Service Pack 2, Only Windows Vista
>> RTM
>> Is Affected By This Macro Bug, Just FYI.
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get
>>> The
>>> New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is
>>> Running
>>> Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64 Ultimate
>>> Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To Windows XP
>>> X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A Major
>>> Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
>>> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
>>> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
>>> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
>>> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
>>> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
>>> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues
>>> With
>>> Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized
>>> Macro's
>>> From Her Company).

Charlie Russel - MVP

You know my position. I start out assuming everyone is here from a positive
viewpoint. For one thing, the behaviour on vista.general is a different
kettle of fish compared to how we all expect folks to behave here.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of the worst offending trolls from Vista, Charlie. Suggest kill-file
> and no response.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Simply not true. I use Office 2k3 SP2 every single day, all day. On Vista
>> x64.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> P.S. It Is Also My Opinion That Microsoft Should Void All Of Their
>>> Claims
>>> That Microsoft Office 2003 Works Just Fine With X64 Windows Vista RTM,
>>> My
>>> Parent's And I Have Found That It Is Definitely Not The Case With Office
>>> 2003 Service Pack 2, Just FYI.
>>>
>>> P.S.S. These Macro's Problems Do Not Occur With Any Version Of Windows
>>> XP
>>> Including Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Service Pack 2, Only Windows Vista
>>> RTM
>>> Is Affected By This Macro Bug, Just FYI.
>>>
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Corsair

This happens to me too (XP x64 sp2), if you install from the "Apple software
update" it starts downloading the ITunes and the Quickplayer, but nearly in
the beginning of the setup it quits the installation, you have to download
the complete setup and run the program.

other thing is when you start the iTunes there is one windows showing
something like "your iTunes installation is wrong because no CD reader is
found, you should have to re-setup the program", as I said or something
similar, but you close this windows and you can work with the program and
you IPods.

cheer / Corsair.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el
mensaje de noticias:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The older iTunes works fine(7.0.x, and I thought 7.1.x). Haven't tried the
> newest one on XP x64, though it does work on Vista 64.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get
>> The New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is
>> Running Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64
>> Ultimate Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To
>> Windows XP X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To A
>> Major Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My Mom's
>> Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings Home From
>> Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional Edition Service
>> Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since Service Pack 3 Came
>> Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To Do So Until Her
>> Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office 2007 Sometime In
>> The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More Compatibility Issues
>> With Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And My Mom's Customized
>> Macro's From Her Company).

Charlie Russel - MVP

yeah, that error message showed up recently. Since I have zero desire to use
the apple software for burning CDs or even for music at all, I don't care.
(I use it as an Audible device - music is on my Zune, which understands WMA.
And most of my music is WMA, so...)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Corsair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This happens to me too (XP x64 sp2), if you install from the "Apple
> software update" it starts downloading the ITunes and the Quickplayer, but
> nearly in the beginning of the setup it quits the installation, you have
> to download the complete setup and run the program.
>
> other thing is when you start the iTunes there is one windows showing
> something like "your iTunes installation is wrong because no CD reader is
> found, you should have to re-setup the program", as I said or something
> similar, but you close this windows and you can work with the program and
> you IPods.
>
> cheer / Corsair.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el
> mensaje de noticias:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The older iTunes works fine(7.0.x, and I thought 7.1.x). Haven't tried
>> the newest one on XP x64, though it does work on Vista 64.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Having A Problem With Trying To Get
>>> The New Version Of I-Tunes Installed On My Parent's Computer Which Is
>>> Running Windows XP X64 Edition, (They Removed The Windows Vista X64
>>> Ultimate Edition Upgrade Version As A Clean Install Reverting Back To
>>> Windows XP X64 Edition Service Pack 2, That I Purchased For Them Due To
>>> A Major Compatibility Problem With Microsoft Office 2003 Running My
>>> Mom's Customized Macro's From Her Company Document's That She Brings
>>> Home From Work (The Problem Occurred With Office 2003 Professional
>>> Edition Service Pack 2, We Have Not Returned To Windows Vista Since
>>> Service Pack 3 Came Out For Microsoft Office 2003, And Have No Plans To
>>> Do So Until Her Company Upgrades To Windows Vista And Microsoft Office
>>> 2007 Sometime In The Future, So That We Do Not Encounter Any More
>>> Compatibility Issues With Windows Vista RTM, Microsoft Office 2003, And
>>> My Mom's Customized Macro's From Her Company).

Corsair

hi Charlie,

of course for me there is no problem with that message, because I don't use
ITunes for burning CD, and the synch with my IPods is ok, it's just only for
info.

Cheers / Corsair

>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64