Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE delete folder

OE delete folder

George

I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I made a
new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted items and
it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to the delete
folder with the delete key or the delete button on the toolbar.

pcbutts1

And your problem is?

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EodNi.296098$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I made a
> new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted items and
> it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to the delete
> folder with the delete key or the delete button on the toolbar.

John Holmes

George "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I made a
> new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted items and
> it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to the delete
> folder with the delete key or the delete button on the toolbar.

Let's get this straight. You use outlook express but your "delete" key
doesn't work anymore. So, again, what is you question?

--
Your mother was an infuriating student who ran a flea-circus in shopping
centres.

George

John Holmes wrote:
> George "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I
>> made a new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted
>> items and it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to
>> the delete folder with the delete key or the delete button on the
>> toolbar.
>>

> Let's get this straight. You use outlook express but your "delete" key
> doesn't work anymore. So, again, what is you question?

After I read an email, how do I make the delete key send the read email
to the deleted items folder?

*alan*

"George" wrote

>I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I made a
> new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted items and
> it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to the delete
> folder with the delete key or the delete button on the toolbar.

How odd. And does your delete key work in applications other than OE?
Not a solution, of course, but try CTRL+D as a work-around.
--
alan

pcbutts1

"Deleted Items" is a trash box, "Delete this" is a folder you created, the
"Delete key" is a button on your keyboard that, when pressed, will send what
ever message is selected in your inbox to the "Deleted Items" trash box not
to your "Delete this" folder. This is by design.

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3heNi.3218$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Holmes wrote:
>> George "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I
>>> made a new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted
>>> items and it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to
>>> the delete folder with the delete key or the delete button on the
>>> toolbar.
>>>

>> Let's get this straight. You use outlook express but your "delete" key
>> doesn't work anymore. So, again, what is you question?

> After I read an email, how do I make the delete key send the read email
> to the deleted items folder?

George

*alan* wrote:
> "George" wrote
>
>> I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I
>> made a new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted
>> items and it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to
>> the delete folder with the delete key or the delete button on the
>> toolbar.

> How odd. And does your delete key work in applications other than OE?
> Not a solution, of course, but try CTRL+D as a work-around.

I didn't think I had such a complicated question. Yes the delete key
and the delete button and the delete in the right-click context menu all
work in all applications. They also work in deleting newsgroup headers.
The entire (and only) problem is when I read an email and try to delete
it, nothing happens. It simply will not go to the "trash box." The
only way to delete it, as I've said, is to right click and move to the
folder I created called delete this. My next step will be to delete my
message store and see if it works when the new one gets made.

ChairMan

In news:R2hNi.334515$(E-Mail Removed),
George <(E-Mail Removed)>spewed forth:
> *alan* wrote:
>> "George" wrote
>>
>>> I use outlook express and my delete key doesn't work anymore. I
>>> made a new folder called "delete this" and I can move it to deleted
>>> items and it will delete when OE closes. But I can't send things to
>>> the delete folder with the delete key or the delete button on the
>>> toolbar.

>> How odd. And does your delete key work in applications other than
>> OE? Not a solution, of course, but try CTRL+D as a work-around.

> I didn't think I had such a complicated question. Yes the delete key
> and the delete button and the delete in the right-click context menu
> all work in all applications. They also work in deleting newsgroup
> headers. The entire (and only) problem is when I read an email and
> try to delete it, nothing happens. It simply will not go to the
> "trash box." The only way to delete it, as I've said, is to right
> click and move to the folder I created called delete this. My next
> step will be to delete my message store and see if it works when the
> new one gets made.

just delete the "Deleted Items.dbx" file.
If you delete the store folder you'll delete everything including emails in
your Inbox.
If you still have a problem, rename the folder.dbx file to oldfolder.dbx and
if that fixes it and you haven't lost anything when renaming it, go back and
delete it.