Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freezing PC

Reply
Thread Tools

Freezing PC

 
 
t8769
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2007
I'm running Xp with LiveOneCare (and sometimes AVG).

REcently its started freezing, it still receives the webt, but it goes
very very slow, then a few minutes later it'll be fine.

I've tried everything, but nothing I do can solve this.

I've searched for viruses with SPyware Dr, and sometimes it can be
find for days, then suddenly start freezing.

Any ideas?


Thnaks

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
t8769
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2007
I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
for 4 months, could that be the problem?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Holmes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2007
t8769 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I'm running Xp with LiveOneCare (and sometimes AVG).
>
> REcently its started freezing, it still receives the webt, but it goes
> very very slow, then a few minutes later it'll be fine.
>
> I've tried everything, but nothing I do can solve this.
>
> I've searched for viruses with SPyware Dr, and sometimes it can be
> find for days, then suddenly start freezing.
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> Thnaks
>
>


Your PC isn't freezing, it's looking for something that can't be found.
Clearing the MRU cache would cure this behaviour.

--









 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2007
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:29:34 -0700, t8769 wrote:

> I'm running Xp with LiveOneCare (and sometimes AVG).
>
> REcently its started freezing, it still receives the webt, but it goes
> very very slow, then a few minutes later it'll be fine.
>
> I've tried everything, but nothing I do can solve this.
>
> I've searched for viruses with SPyware Dr, and sometimes it can be
> find for days, then suddenly start freezing.
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> Thnaks


When it slows down, run the task manager and see what process is using up
your CPU time.

 
Reply With Quote
 
who'sthat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2007
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:45:17 -0700, t8769 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
>for 4 months, could that be the problem?


Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
reported
 
Reply With Quote
 
t8769
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2007
> Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
> reported



Thanks for the tips.


It says 1.99GB Ram..

That looks a bit strange..

Is that ok?


 
Reply With Quote
 
sharadster@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2007
On Oct 5, 4:39 am, t8769 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
> > reported

>
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> It says 1.99GB Ram..
>
> That looks a bit strange..
>
> Is that ok?


You cannot possibly have a RAM of 1.99GB. It is rediculus.
Take out RAM and clean its contacts with after shave and also with a
fine rubber eraser, and then try.

sk

 
Reply With Quote
 
Alfred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2007
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:43:09 -0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Oct 5, 4:39 am, t8769 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
>> > reported

>>
>> Thanks for the tips.
>>
>> It says 1.99GB Ram..
>>
>> That looks a bit strange..
>>
>> Is that ok?

>
>You cannot possibly have a RAM of 1.99GB. It is rediculus.
>Take out RAM and clean its contacts with after shave and also with a
>fine rubber eraser, and then try.
>

It may be his machine is using some for display in which case it will
report what is available for the system
 
Reply With Quote
 
t8769
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2007
I bought the memory on Ebay, and now realise that one should never buy
electronics on Ebay..

Its still at 1.99GB

I'll try what you suggest

 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2007
t8769 wrote:
>
> I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
> for 4 months, could that be the problem?


Probably not, as you would have noticed a problem sooner than that if it
was due to ram.




--
http://www.bootdisk.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlink di-784 freezing / lights stuck on markm75c@msn.com Wireless Networking 6 07-05-2006 03:36 PM
D-link wireless adapter may be causeing freezing Unabungaa Wireless Networking 3 12-20-2005 10:41 AM
Firefox freezing graeme@invalid Firefox 2 02-21-2005 11:11 PM
Cisco 1605 router freezing John Nordien Cisco 1 12-18-2004 02:25 PM
Re: USB adaptor works but my comp keeps freezing Jack Wireless Networking 0 08-31-2004 09:48 PM



Advertisments