Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ml64

=?Utf-8?B?SS1TdS5ZdQ==?=

Hi. I'd like to know if there's a newer version of ml64.exe than the
8.00.40310.39 one I have. Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

If you could tell us what ml64.exe is, that might help. I'm not seeing it on
my vista 64bit box, so not sure even where to look to answer you.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"I-Su.Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I'd like to know if there's a newer version of ml64.exe than the
> 8.00.40310.39 one I have. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Charlie:
"ml64.exe is the assembler that accepts x64 assembly language".
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...xd(VS.80).aspx
Seems to be a part of Visual Studio 2005.
Not my expertise, for sure.
My guess is that the OP should start here (Visual C++ Downloads):
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/aa336402.aspx
or here (Visual Studio Downloads):
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/aa718332.aspx
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> If you could tell us what ml64.exe is, that might help. I'm not seeing it on
> my vista 64bit box, so not sure even where to look to answer you.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "I-Su.Yu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi. I'd like to know if there's a newer version of ml64.exe than the
> > 8.00.40310.39 one I have. Thanks.

Tony Sperling

Since it's part of the VS package, I don't think there are releases of the
separate parts outside of the Studio version itself? If you need a new
MASM - you need a new version of VS.

(Probably.)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...