Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Tesco VOIP

Tesco VOIP

Sam White

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with the voip
service this evening?

Cheers,

Sam W

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Sam White wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with
> the voip service this evening?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sam W

I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone may
pop along eventually.

It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
along with Skype.

--
Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow

Nick

"Sam White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6HSMi.3167$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with the

voip
> service this evening?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sam W

I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
The connection speeds are up & down like
a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
I guess that might be the root of your problem

when trying to use Tesco voip.

old man

its fine here - speed

news:37UMi.48973$(E-Mail Removed)...

old man wrote:
> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:37UMi.48973$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Sam White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:6HSMi.3167$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with
>>> the voip service this evening?
>>>

>> I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
>> The connection speeds are up & down like
>> a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
>> I guess that might be the root of your problem
>>
>> when trying to use Tesco voip.

> its fine here - speed

Fine here too.

bob garbutt

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> old man wrote:
>> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:37UMi.48973$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Sam White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:6HSMi.3167$%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
>>> The connection speeds are up & down like
>>> a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
>>> I guess that might be the root of your problem
>>>
>>> when trying to use Tesco voip.

>> its fine here - speed

> Fine here too.

Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone line
from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free without
any problems, could be problems if using online music and video at the
same time!

Bob

mr deo

> Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
> desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone line
> from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free without
> any problems, could be problems if using online music and video at the
> same time!
>
> Bob

Virgin refused (the past ohhh, hundred or so times) to unbundle my phone
line from the broadband.. I get seperate bills (actually the broadband bills
dont come more than one or two times a year!!!!) but they say that having
the phone is a requirement of having the broadband due to internal policys
:/....

I am a ex-CW user but I would be interested if this is something new you got
there ..

and fyi I rarely suffer throughput problems

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

mr deo wrote:
>> Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
>> desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone
>> line from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free
>> without any problems, could be problems if using online music and
>> video at the same time!
>>
>> Bob

> Virgin refused (the past ohhh, hundred or so times) to unbundle my
> phone line from the broadband.. I get seperate bills (actually the
> broadband bills dont come more than one or two times a year!!!!) but
> they say that having the phone is a requirement of having the
> broadband due to internal policys :/....
>
> I am a ex-CW user but I would be interested if this is something new
> you got there ..
>
> and fyi I rarely suffer throughput problems

I had broadband and TV without phoneline, this was xTelewest and through to
Virgin. I was VoIP only for a couple of years, before I had BT landline as
cable phone was too expensive. I only have had the phone line installed
recently as Virgin offered free install, free extension, free line rental,
free evening and weekend calls and free caller display along with reduced
cost TV, I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

--
Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

T i m

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:07:03 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
>wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

I had similar with NTL .. they wouldn't upgrade my BB less I went DD
(and I wouldn't). Then they upgraded me for free.

>Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
>for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

I have recently had VM drop the phone and the TV from my package and
they did so without an issue.

All the best ..

T i m

Sam White

"T i m" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:07:03 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
>>wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

> I had similar with NTL .. they wouldn't upgrade my BB less I went DD
> (and I wouldn't). Then they upgraded me for free.
>>
>>Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
>>for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

> I have recently had VM drop the phone and the TV from my package and
> they did so without an issue.
>
> All the best ..
>
> T i m

Thanks for all the replies people - I ended up phoning the Tesco support
line and they were very helpful. For future reference, my problem was that
the IPA 1000 didn't have the server address in its config -
gateway.tescointernetphone.com is the correct one.
Its all working great now.

Sam W