Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > AJAX Newbie Question

AJAX Newbie Question

Joey

Guys, I downloaded and installed both the AJAX extensions and AJAX
controls toolkit for VS2005/asp.net 2.0. Then I modified a web form in
a pre-existing application to work with an update panel. But I'm
running into a problem when I try to run the page. In the Page_PreInit
event handler I'm setting some SkinId properties of certain
controls ... that are now within an update panel. Apparently these are
not accessible in the same way anymore? I say this because when I run
it the app fails at that point, and I get an "Object reference not set
to an instance of an object" error message? What is causing this, and
how do I fix it?

TIA
JP