Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVG

Bolt Upright

I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

BU

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bolt Upright wrote:

> I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

Turn it back on in the program's options.

> Any ideas appreciated.

Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time drastically. A
boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you believe your computer to
be infected. Same goes for Inbound and Outbound email scanning; not
necessary. As long as the program is running in the background, it will
prevent you from executing a virus program. Or it should, if your
definitions are up-to-date, and the virus is old enough to be in the
database.

--
-bts

Bolt Upright

news:iwRMi.170054$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bolt Upright wrote:
>
>> I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

> Turn it back on in the program's options.

I can't find it in the program options.

>> Any ideas appreciated.

> Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time drastically. A
> boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you believe your computer to
> be infected. Same goes for Inbound and Outbound email scanning; not
> necessary. As long as the program is running in the background, it will
> prevent you from executing a virus program. Or it should, if your
> definitions are up-to-date, and the virus is old enough to be in the
> database.
>
> --
> -bts

Hmmmm okay.
I liked it though.

Thanks

BU

bassbag

Bolt Upright wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:iwRMi.170054$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Bolt Upright wrote:
> >
> > > I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

> > Turn it back on in the program's options.

> I can't find it in the program options.
>

> > > Any ideas appreciated.

> > Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time
> > drastically. A boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you
> > believe your computer to be infected. Same goes for Inbound and
> > Outbound email scanning; not necessary. As long as the program is
> > running in the background, it will prevent you from executing a
> > virus program. Or it should, if your definitions are up-to-date,
> > and the virus is old enough to be in the database.
> >
> > -- -bts
> > -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

> Hmmmm okay.
> I liked it though.
>
> Thanks
>
> BU

The boot up scanner only shows on pre XP OS...have you "upgraded" your
os?.If not some updates seem to render it inoperable.Perform a repair
of AVG by starting setup.exe again.
me

Plato

Bolt Upright wrote:

> I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.
> Any ideas appreciated.

Got too many anti-virus apps set to run when windows atarts? eg, many
anti-virus just dont like to run if competing products are also set to
run 24/7.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Thunderbird - AVG antivirus - K9 spam filter NoMoreMrNiceGuy Firefox 3 02-27-2005 02:23 PM
AVG will not update SHRED Firefox 4 08-26-2004 12:09 PM
Help Sought: When Using Mozilla Firefox AVG Reports Virus Someone Firefox 2 08-17-2004 03:36 AM
How many questions (avg) and How many can i miss? Josh MCSD 2 02-16-2004 07:25 AM
Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.1.3 and AVG 6.0 - 521 Fred Computer Support 0 09-23-2003 06:31 PM

Advertisments