Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Web Services Java client question

Web Services Java client question

almousawi@gmail.com

Hi,
I am newbie to Web Services. Let me know if I should use other group
to post this question.

I have to use existing web services installed on a non-java server
from my JBoss java web application (with struts 2). I read a little
about Axis2 and xFire, but it seems that the requirements is to use
RPC/SOAP Encoding (as I see <soap:body use="encoded" in the WSDL
document that I should use). I must use HTTPS security with user/
password in the SOAP header.

The questions are:
1. Does the entry use="encoded" in the WSDL file mean that there is
SOAP encoding?

2. Is the best choice to use Java JAX-RPC (which is being replaced by
JAX-WS, but it does not support SOAP Encoding)

3. I believe there is many data types that I need to handle, so i need
to use Stubs (not dynamic). How can I generate the Stubs java code

Thanks and let me know if there are other newsgroups (google or non
google sites) that I can benefit from.

Thanks again.
Sam

Manish Pandit

On Oct 3, 9:36 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
> I am newbie to Web Services. Let me know if I should use other group
> to post this question.
>
> I have to use existing web services installed on a non-java server
> from my JBoss java web application (with struts 2). I read a little
> about Axis2 and xFire, but it seems that the requirements is to use
> RPC/SOAP Encoding (as I see <soap:body use="encoded" in the WSDL
> document that I should use). I must use HTTPS security with user/
> password in the SOAP header.
>
> The questions are:
> 1. Does the entry use="encoded" in the WSDL file mean that there is
> SOAP encoding?
>
> 2. Is the best choice to use Java JAX-RPC (which is being replaced by
> JAX-WS, but it does not support SOAP Encoding)
>
> 3. I believe there is many data types that I need to handle, so i need
> to use Stubs (not dynamic). How can I generate the Stubs java code
>
> Thanks and let me know if there are other newsgroups (google or non
> google sites) that I can benefit from.
>
> Thanks again.
> Sam

Your best bet would be to get a hold of wsdl2java or Eclipse WTP,
which can generate java clients out of a WSDL. Once you feed these
tools the WSDL for the service(s), the java clients generated will be
stubs that can be used to access the services just like a local call.

-cheers,
Manish

Lew

Manish Pandit wrote:
> Your best bet would be to get a hold of wsdl2java or Eclipse WTP,
> which can generate java clients out of a WSDL. Once you feed these
> tools the WSDL for the service(s), the java clients generated will be
> stubs that can be used to access the services just like a local call.

WSDL2Java is part of the Apache Axis project.
<http://ws.apache.org/axis/>
<http://ws.apache.org/axis2/> for the newer one,
which calls the tool WSDL2Code
<http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_3/CodegenToolReference.html>

It's apparently available from various places, including as a plugin for Eclipse.
<http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=WSDL2Java>

--
Lew