Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 3 available

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 3 available

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Sun has a new update JRE6 u3 (prior was JRE6 u2) here:
https://sdlc5d.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...1DC21149E8E82F
A 14 megs download for the offline installation package.
Download the file named jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe for any processor/xx-bit
you may have.
This version works with IE 32-bit.
The 64-bit version (jre-6u3-windows-amd64.exe) still doesn't support IE 64-bit
Uninstall any previous versions before installing the newer one.

Carlos

Allan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sun has a new update JRE6 u3 (prior was JRE6 u2) here:
> https://sdlc5d.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...1DC21149E8E82F
> A 14 megs download for the offline installation package.
> Download the file named jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe for any
> processor/xx-bit
> you may have.
> This version works with IE 32-bit.
> The 64-bit version (jre-6u3-windows-amd64.exe) still doesn't support IE
> 64-bit
> Uninstall any previous versions before installing the newer one.
>
> Carlos

They also made available yesterday "update N" for early access testing . :
https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html . Thanks for the notification, I have
already installed the i586 version.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Allan:
Also please note that every installation of the Java runtime places a file
named jusched.exe (Sun Java Update Scheduler) in the registry to run
automatically during Vista startup.
It usefulness is debated in the web and it is supposed to check for updates
periodically.
Personally I always delete that registry entry (do it at your own risk!)
because I want to have the smallest amount of necessary programs during
startup.
It is located in
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Run
Carlos