Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java and local DNS Cache

Java and local DNS Cache

meyousikmann@yahoo.com

Is there a way in Java to query the local DNS cache WITHOUT getting
forwarded to nameservers on the internet? I am trying to write an
application to query the local DNS cache for a specific entry and I
don't want the query to go out to the internet. I only want to see if
it is in the local cache.

Is this possible?

DNS query to internal DNS server from static NAT host none Cisco 5 04-25-2006 03:11 AM
DNS query from outside to internal, public DNS server Lars Bonnesen Cisco 9 04-08-2006 11:16 AM
Java's DNS cache EricF Java 1 12-21-2005 07:40 AM
[ann] net-mdns-0.1 - multicast DNS and DNS service discovery Sam Roberts Ruby 0 03-20-2005 05:39 PM
DNS question - reverse DNS getting cluttered Jose Padilla Computer Support 0 01-21-2004 10:29 PM

Advertisments