Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Here's some BS

OT: Here's some BS

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you don't believe me
>> ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

> I used to sleep with mine. Damn uncomfortable too...

Wouldn't one become worried about nocturnal emissions?

kpg*

"Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:u65IOocBIHA.5868
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

>> If you don't believe me
>> ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

> I used to sleep with mine. Damn uncomfortable too...

My rifle is my best friend.

Her name is Charlene.

Thor

The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
53

"Lnkwizard2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> board
> the aircraft you check in your weapon to the armorer who then secures it
> in a special container. After everyone is on, the container(s) is locked
> and
> sealed and is not unlocked until you arrive at your final point.
>
> These guys were not a threat and should not have been treated like
> criminals
> just for transiting a minor metropolitan airport. It was some nitwit in
> the security
> office who had his head jammed in a dark smelly space who wanted to be a
> jerk
> that caused this as they clearly mentioned that the airport decided to
> block
> them from access.
>
> In addition before it is thrown in my face here is an excerpt with a bit
> of
> commentary:
>
> The airport received information that the passengers were not TSA-screened
> at their originating airport and that weapons were on-board the aircraft.
> Together with our security partners, the airport made a decision to park
> this aircraft at a remote location on the tarmac.
>
> Point A: NO the TSA did not screen them, the US Military did, who
> would you rather handle the screening, some underskilled civilian
> under pressure to "get those passengers moving" or a well trained
> member of the US Military who knows what he is looking for.
>
> Point B: Of course there are weapons on board, these are Marines
> for goodness sake. I'd as soon come between a Mama Grizzly bear
> and her cubs before I would try and take a Marine's personal weapon,
> my chances of survival would be greater. If you don't believe me
> ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.
>
> As I said before is was some officious oaf who probably never
> served his country who wanted to be beastly to some members of
> the military because he doesn't like the war.
>
> Okay, now I am off my soapbox.
>

> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> It appears that these soldiers were not allowed to go into the terminal
>>> at the Oakland airport. They had to exit their plane about 400 yards
>>> from the terminal and remain outside. I don't know the reason for this
>>> but find it outrageous that they were treated this way.
>>>

>> Yeah, I agree, still I thought this was normal behavior. If the soldiers
>> were in uniform, that is. Not much to be sensitive about, that's all.
>> Maybe there are cultural differences here. Myself I would be proud to
>> showcase soldiers coming home, of course, but a few guys sitting on the
>> grass for a couple of hours isn't my kind of a news story. Unless, of
>> course, the treating of the soldiers is a political statement.

CBIC

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
> I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
> 53

That's pretty much the same in our military. It's just that I have a great
respect for those who served before me, with me, and after me.

kpg*

"CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
>> I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
>> 53

> That's pretty much the same in our military. It's just that I have a
> great respect for those who served before me, with me, and after me.

Yes, you are a cog in the wheel, but that's true at any job.

I specifically joined the Marines because the Army/Air Force/Navy
seemed too large and impersonal. I didn't want to be just a number.

In the Marines I was one of only 2 dozen active duty personnel with
that MOS - I was important to the mission, not irreplaceable, but
important.

Watching the "The WAR" on PBS gives a good perspective on the
"just a tool" concept. Many of theses men went from one bloody
campaign to the next, each time with a high probability that they
would be killed. Most were drafted, and once on the beach you had
little choice but to fight, but that does not in one bit diminish
the courage and sacrifice they were asked to make.

Our current military is all volunteer. Combat or not, theses guys
(and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect. They should be
paraded down the airport concourse so those hapless, detached,
and hopelessly brainwashed civilians could see what real men and
women look like.

OOH-RAH

CBIC

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99BE7B7164952ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

> Our current military is all volunteer. Combat or not, theses guys
> (and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect. They should be
> paraded down the airport concourse so those hapless, detached,
> and hopelessly brainwashed civilians could see what real men and
> women look like.
>
> OOH-RAH

Very well said!

Jtyc

> Her name is Charlene.

We might a Marine out of you yet Private Pile!

Briscobar

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99BE7B7164952ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

> Combat or not, theses guys (and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect.

I had a huge reply in place criticizing you for the use of the word "hero",
but in retrospect I think I'd rather not post it. Let me just say that the
word hero is used far too often, and people should stop and think what it
actually means before they label someone a hero. Sometimes it's appropriate,
but many times it is not.

KB

Jtyc

I prefer to be called a "superstar!".

Or "the man" if you like.

There are some who call me... Tim.

Jtyc

> We might a Marine out of you yet Private Pile!

might make...

me brain works faster than me fingers...