Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > white space collapse - works in .2 but not in .93

white space collapse - works in .2 but not in .93

oaksong

I have an xslt/FO file that includes white-space-collapse="ignore" for
certain blocks, mostly addresses with embedded line feeds. It used to
work fine in FOP .2. I've been upgraded to .93 and now it doesn't
work. I've been trying to search the Bugzilla tracker for FOP, but I
can't find anything. On the other hand, I'm reluctant to file the
error without some more research to see if it's recognized.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this issue?

Joseph Kesselman

Have you tried asking on FOP's own mailing list? They're the ones most
likely to know. (You might want to include a minimal example that
demonstrates the difference, to help them determine whether this is a
new bug or a fixed bug.)

oaksong

On Oct 2, 11:36 am, Joseph Kesselman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Have you tried asking on FOP's own mailing list? They're the ones most
> likely to know. (You might want to include a minimal example that
> demonstrates the difference, to help them determine whether this is a
> new bug or a fixed bug.)
>
> --
> Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden

I got into the yahoo group and came across the following: linefeed-
treatment="preserve", which was what I was really looking for. I
suspect that white-space-collapse may have been inadvertently
providing what I wanted in .2 but was probably corrected in the .93
release.