Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > software to ID hardware

software to ID hardware

zebra26

I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
driver isn't present.

I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
Of course I can't find it.

I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
software but nothin free there.

Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
hardware??

Thanks in advance

zack

zebra26 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1191339551.407121.85650
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
> driver isn't present.
>
> I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
> had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
> of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
> Of course I can't find it.
>
> I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
> software but nothin free there.
>
> Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
> hardware??
>
> Thanks in advance

here you go try this http://www.gtopala.com/

zack

--
Life is hard to believe espically when you phone the
help line that connects you to someone in india, who

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

zebra26 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
>driver isn't present.
>
>I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
>had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
>of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
>Of course I can't find it.
>
>I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
>software but nothin free there.
>
>Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
>hardware??

You were right about Everest, it will show you what you have.
http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html free version, and the version
I use.
--

ad-supported television content over the Internet
http://www.joost.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zebra26 wrote:

> I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
> driver isn't present.
>
> I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
> had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
> of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
> Of course I can't find it.
>
> I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
> software but nothin free there.

Everest Home Edition. Download from here:
http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

> Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
> hardware??

Have you tried the Belarc Advisor? Also worthy, and free; tells you just
about everything about the hardware, and the OS:
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

--
-bts