Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Flashgot extension stopped working

Flashgot extension stopped working

L A Roth

I have bee using Firefox for about 6 months without any problems.

Following a recent malware infection (that I have now cleared) I get the
following error message in flashgot when I select either "flashgot link" or
"flashgot all" I get a message:- "flashgot error - Download manager not
properly installed - incorrect function"and the doenload panel does not open
up. The "save link As" option works ok.

I have uninstalled the Flashgot extention and reinstalled it and I still get
the same message.

I have Also tried uninstalling Firefox, then reinstalling it and then
reinstalling the Flashgot extension but still get the same error message.
All other functions of Firefox seem to work ok and the .

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem ?????

gwtc

L A Roth wrote:

> I have bee using Firefox for about 6 months without any problems.
>
> Following a recent malware infection (that I have now cleared) I get the
> following error message in flashgot when I select either "flashgot link" or
> "flashgot all" I get a message:- "flashgot error - Download manager not
> properly installed - incorrect function"and the doenload panel does not open
> up. The "save link As" option works ok.
>
> I have uninstalled the Flashgot extention and reinstalled it and I still get
> the same message.
>
> I have Also tried uninstalling Firefox, then reinstalling it and then
> reinstalling the Flashgot extension but still get the same error message.
> All other functions of Firefox seem to work ok and the .
>
> Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem ?????

stop unintalling and reinstalling the program. The problem is within
your profile. Your profile contains all your settings, prefs,
passwords, bookmarks, etc. When you uninstall, all you're doing is
removing the program, not the profile. As your profile is located
separate from the program directory.

You can get more info on flashgot here: http://flashgot.net/faq

Plus there is a flashgot forum here: http://flashgot.net/forum. Maybe
they can help you there more than we can here.

Re: Asterisk@home 2.8/freepbx has stopped creating extension - FIXED linker3000 UK VOIP 1 07-25-2006 04:44 PM
flashgot bassbag Firefox 0 06-07-2006 07:21 PM
Star Downloader, Flashgot and Firefox problem gooddler@nospamyahoo.com Computer Support 1 05-29-2006 12:23 AM
FlashGot uninstall problem Rodney K Shanley Firefox 0 09-01-2005 05:15 AM
flashgot 0.3.2 extension problem kees Firefox 8 09-21-2004 07:49 AM

Advertisments