Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Slow Computer

Slow Computer

Bhaiyyah

I am getting these unusual annoying behaviour of PC due to
insufficient memory despite I have upgraded it to 640MB RAM:
Busy mouse
Sometimes Right Click failed to appear.
Slow downloading of full page.
Internet windows closed themself.

I am having Intel P4 1.8 GHz
XP SP2

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bhaiyyah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am getting these unusual annoying behaviour of PC due to
>insufficient memory despite I have upgraded it to 640MB RAM:
>Busy mouse
>Sometimes Right Click failed to appear.
>Slow downloading of full page.
>Internet windows closed themself.

Download and run Process Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...sexplorer.mspx
You should know what each process does - google the unknown stop those
that don't need to be running.

Download and run Autoruns from the above site, and know what's
running.

Download, run and paste Hijackthis into this page
http://hijackthis.de/en remove those listed as bad.

Turn off unneeded services
http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_un..._on_windows_xp

As always back up the registry before doing anything major

Targeting Suicide Market
http://photo-of-the-day1.blogspot.co...de-market.html