Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Looking for a start - MSCE cert.

Looking for a start - MSCE cert.

juan valdez

I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all my
money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody please
advise me as to where I should start this process?

T-Bone

"juan valdez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

www.microsoft.com
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

CBIC

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
juan valdez <(E-Mail Removed)> embarrassed himself by saying:
> I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to
> start. I have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect
> throwing all my money at people not much more able than I, is folly.
> Can somebody please advise me as to where I should start this process?

First question you have to ask yourself is why do want to get MCSE.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

TechGeekPro

On Jan 18, 2006 at 9:31pm "juan valdez" blathered:

> I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
> have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing
> all my money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody
> please advise me as to where I should start this process?

I would start with the product.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100

We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

J. Clarke

juan valdez wrote:

> I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
> have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all
> my money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody
> please advise me as to where I should start this process?

First question to ask yourself--are you a good self-educator or do you need
the pressure of a formal course? If you can learn on your own then put the
money into a good system to work with and a good set of references and
instructional materials. If you need formal coursework to keep you
focussed then you don't have much choice. But be _honest_ with yourself.

Next question, why do you want it? Do you already know how to run the
system and need the paper to get past the gatekeepers or do you need to
learn to run a Microsoft-based LAN from the ground up? If the latter,
you're not going to get it out of formal schooling--that will at best get
you a start.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

added to what others have said:

I read that on average it takes 1 full year to become MSCE. I am 99.999%
certian that is part time. Just an FYI.

"juan valdez" wrote:

> I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
> have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all my
> money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody please
> advise me as to where I should start this process?

John Smith

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:31:04 -0500, juan valdez wrote:

> I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
> have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all my
> money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody please
> advise me as to where I should start this process?

Get the MS press mcse kit, if you need copies of windows 2003 to get
'hands on'. they contain eval copies of the OS. if you have little or
not windows networking experience, guess around at least a month per exam

if you are truly a fast learner, maybe a little less..the exams will
hopefully get easier as you take more.

www.microsoft.com/mcp

Where to start for MSCE ? Mehbs Microsoft Certification 1 11-12-2008 12:56 AM
Saying you're an MSCE when you're not =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBTbWl0aA==?= Microsoft Certification 13 10-18-2005 02:39 PM
MSCE/MCSA network differences? James Microsoft Certification 3 01-09-2004 08:45 PM
MSCE vrs MCP Valentino Plummer MCSE 4 07-21-2003 04:20 PM
any one got any views on the msce for security? m33p MCSE 5 07-08-2003 01:57 PM

Advertisments