Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > how do you share printer via Lynksys wireless router?

how do you share printer via Lynksys wireless router?

Yuke

I'm sorry but I'm really new to this. I have a desktop and a laptop both has
Windows XP. I recently purchased lynksis wireless network router to share
the cable connection. I was wondering if I can use this to share the printer
that's currently hooked up with the desktop. If so how do you do that? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

yuke

Malke

Yuke wrote:

> I'm sorry but I'm really new to this. I have a desktop and a laptop
> both has Windows XP. I recently purchased lynksis wireless network
> router to share the cable connection. I was wondering if I can use
> this to share the printer that's currently hooked up with the desktop.
> If so how do you do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of course. The fact that the network is wireless doesn't change the way
you share the printer. Here are some links to help you set up your
network:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm
(Pro)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...hoot_index.htm
http://www.ezlan.net/index.html

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Steve P

Take a look at the Linksys print servers.
http://www.linksys.com/products/

Steve

news:%230i3$(E-Mail Removed)...