Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need recommendation for JVM for ARM cpu

Need recommendation for JVM for ARM cpu

Robert Dodier

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
any information.

Robert Dodier

Daniel Pitts

On Oct 1, 4:41 pm, Robert Dodier <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
> I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
> so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
> commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
> any information.
>
> Robert Dodier

I would see what suns site says about the matter. look for Java ME
(Micro Edition).

Roedy Green

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:41:06 -0000, Robert Dodier
who said :

>I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
>I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
>so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
>commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
>any information.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Rbrt

On Oct 2, 5:34 am, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:41:06 -0000, Robert Dodier
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
> who said :
>
> >I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
> >I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
> >so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
> >commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
> >any information.

> seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
> and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.
> --
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

I am facing exactly the same problem at the moment on my Viper ARM
board (see http://www.arcom.com/pc104-xscale-viper.htm).
I have tried JamVM + Classpath and rxtx and had all kinds of trouble
with it (freeze etc.). Here the thread:
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/piperm...er/013595.html

I then decided to go with IBM J9 VM as that one is recommended by
arcom, but unfortunately the last available build from Arcom is just
Java 1.3 conform. I at least would need java 1.4 better 1.5. But they
are currently working on a new build for the ARM board so that should
be available soon.

I would be intrested to here about your problems with JamVM and what
alternatives you consider.

Dennis A. Vitali

I put ibm's j9 jvm and midlet on an Asus xscale, Ran the hello.jad/jar ok so
far. Need to register w/IBM. Search J9 IBM JAva.
Good Luck Dennis

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...