Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX Local director.

PIX Local director.

turnip

I just picked up a cheap PIX Localdirector (the PC based one). It has
2 ethernet cards, and one db9 serial on teh back for console access.

When I try to access it via minicom I get this:

Welcome to minicom 2.1

Compiled on Sep 4 2006, 11:18:23.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

PIX Bios V2.7

Booting Floppy

128MB RAM
Flash=AT29C040A @ 0x300
mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 10 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.8917
mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 9 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.891b
AMCC Chip Address: fe80
Indirect Address Register: fcc0
Indirect Data Register: fd80
IRQ: 10

|| ||
|| ||
|||| ||||
..|||||:..|||||:..
c i s c o S y s t e m s
Private Internet eXchange

PIX Firewall

PIX Version 4.4(9)
Licensed Connections: 128

****************************** Warning
*******************************
An encryption device has been discovered.

This product is not authorized for use by persons located outside
the
United States and Canada that do not have export license authority
from Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government.
This product may not be exported outside the U.S. and Canada either
by
physical or electronic means without the prior written approval of
Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government.
Persons outside the U.S. and Canada may not reexport, resell, or
transfer this product by either physical or electronic means without
prior written approval of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or U.S.
Government.
******************************* Warning
*******************************

Copyright (c) 1996-2000 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph
(c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted
Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph
(c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer
Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Drive
San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cryptochecksum(changed): d41d8cd9 8f00b204 e9800998 ecf8427e
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
pixfirewall>

and then it just freezes, no input is taken. My port setting is the
same for my switch here 9600 8N1 no flow control

Is this thing dead, anyone have any suggestions? I am using the blue
rolled cable, and the two rj45-db9 adaptors on each end.

Any advice would be much appreciated.