Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IOS-Update on Cisco 805 with 4 MB Flash

IOS-Update on Cisco 805 with 4 MB Flash

Marty

Hello,
I have the following Problem. I have an Cisco 805 with only 4 MB
Flash.
I need to update the running IOS.

First I made the following:

1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin
2) squeeze flash
3) delete flash
4) copy tftp flash

Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isnīt really deleted and
because of the small flash I canīt get the new one on the machine.
(thereīs no space left on device).

Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct
serial connection?
My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router.
Is this possible???

Thanks for your help.

Marty

headsetadapter.com

Marty,

I prefer to actually FORMAT the Flash before installing a new IOS. I know
it's seems to be more risky, but actually if installation fails, it does not
matter, if you deleted all files manually or formatted the flash.

Good luck,

Mike
CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
------
Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
www.headsetadapter.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

On 1 Okt., 21:03, Marty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the following Problem. I have an Cisco 805 with only 4 MB
> Flash.
> I need to update the running IOS.
>
> First I made the following:
>
> 1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin
> 2) squeeze flash
> 3) delete flash
> 4) copy tftp flash
>
> Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isnīt really deleted and
> because of the small flash I canīt get the new one on the machine.
> (thereīs no space left on device).
>
> Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct
> serial connection?
> My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router.
> Is this possible???
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Marty

Hello again,

on the Cisco 805 there is no format flash command. Only squeeze and
erase are possible.

Marty

braydonsdad@gmail.com

What is the size of the file that you're trying to load on the flash?

tftp boot problem + Cisco 805 Andree Toonk Cisco 6 05-21-2009 07:46 PM
cisco 805 RobcPettit Cisco 1 07-30-2004 09:42 AM
Cisco 805 serial router none Cisco 5 07-18-2004 12:47 PM
Cisco 805 replacing 1005 for PPP Charles Barrett Cisco 1 06-15-2004 01:13 PM
Disable icmp on Cisco 805 Rickie Cisco 1 12-10-2003 03:54 PM

Advertisments