Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > User Profiles

User Profiles

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

Hi

I have 3 user profiles on my pc - 1) mine 2) wife and 3) my son, the problem
I appear to have is when running my protection
1) AVG antivirus
2) Spyware Doctor
3) Spybot
4) Adaware

Basically I have to run them on all profiles to ensure that I am clear from
any infections - each profile came up with different results, my question is
: how do I setup my pc to allow the protections to run on just one profile
and scan all the machine in one go

I have been to some friends and they have in region of 5 -6 profiles and
they wasnt away that they had to run the protection on each ???

Hope you can help
Cheers
--
Rob M

Phillip Windell

It has to be run with an account that has access to the profile contents of
all the users. Only administrator level accounts have this.

You can tell if you are logged in with an account that can do that by just
trying to open the other user's profile folders (everything below
C:\Documents and Settings\*.*).

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

"Rob M" <(E-Mail Removed)(donotspam)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have 3 user profiles on my pc - 1) mine 2) wife and 3) my son, the
> problem
> I appear to have is when running my protection
> 1) AVG antivirus
> 2) Spyware Doctor
> 3) Spybot
> 4) Adaware
>
> Basically I have to run them on all profiles to ensure that I am clear
> from
> any infections - each profile came up with different results, my question
> is
> : how do I setup my pc to allow the protections to run on just one profile
> and scan all the machine in one go
>
> I have been to some friends and they have in region of 5 -6 profiles and
> they wasnt away that they had to run the protection on each ???
>
> Hope you can help
> Cheers
> --
> Rob M

Phillip Windell

"Phillip Windell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It has to be run with an account that has access to the profile contents
> of all the users. Only administrator level accounts have this.
>
> You can tell if you are logged in with an account that can do that by just
> trying to open the other user's profile folders (everything below
> C:\Documents and Settings\*.*).

It could also all depend on the scan engine of the product and whether is is
hard coded to only look at the folders of the Currently Logged on Users.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com