Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > UPSET AT THE 40D !

UPSET AT THE 40D !

Annika1980

My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

~~NoMad~~

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
> and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

> The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
> collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
> ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
> quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.

NM

Annika1980

On Oct 1, 9:21 am, "~~NoMad~~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.
>
> NM

That's why I'm me and you're ..... well, YOU!

helensilverburg@hotmail.com

On Oct 1, 9:21 am, "~~NoMad~~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
> > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

> > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
> > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
> > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
> > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.
>
> NM

Not in my opinion. The way the light is hitting Divs makes him look
both ****ed and sad. I like the use of light in this one, because it
conveys the feeling Bret was working for. Excellent work with light!
Helen

Draco

On Oct 1, 9:04 am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
> and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

> The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
> collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
> ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
> quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

Mr Divs has the cat look of being PO'd but curious at the same time.
Made me chuckle. Knowing full well what could happen next.

Good capture of shadow and light. No blown out high lites. I would
have thought it should have been a bit sharper. Would have shot at f/4
and 1/800 sec. Would have brought more detail in ears and still
stopped 99% of motion.

But still a very good capture of the nature of Mr Divs.

Keep at it.

Draco

Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

TheDaveŠ

> ~~NoMad~~ wrote:
> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.

I think the uneven light is what makes it interesting. It's not "just
another cat picture".

Rich

On Oct 1, 9:04 am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
> and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

> The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
> collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
> ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
> quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

Where is that ubiquitous post about people who waste time shooting
pets, kids, etc?

Annika1980

On Oct 1, 12:54 pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

> Where is that ubiquitous post about people who waste time shooting
> pets, kids, etc?

I guess you're it.

Charles

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Oct 1, 9:21 am, "~~NoMad~~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

>> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.
>>
>> NM

> That's why I'm me and you're ..... well, YOU!

:>) How true!

uw wayne

On Oct 1, 8:04 am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
> and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

> The truth is that Mr. Divs was already ****ed because I took off his
> collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
> ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
> quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

The shot was good enough to make me sneeze. I have an allergy to the
little critters.