Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing in a limited way?

Installing in a limited way?

Desdemona@Verona.com

I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.

If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
right... things terminating in unusual ways...

Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
interfere with windows?

The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
shop, or other graphic programs.

I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

Bruce Xia

Desdemona wrote:
> I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
>
> If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
> right... things terminating in unusual ways...
>
> Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
> interfere with windows?
>
> The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
> software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
> shop, or other graphic programs.
>
> I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...appcompat.mspx

Try the Windows 2000 option.

Another

> I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
>
> If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
> right... things terminating in unusual ways...
>
> Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
> interfere with windows?
>
> The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
> software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
> shop, or other graphic programs.
>
> I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

The actual error messages would be helpful in identifying a work around.

Desdemona@Verona.com

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:07:34 -0500, Another <.> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
>>
>> If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
>> right... things terminating in unusual ways...
>>
>> Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
>> interfere with windows?
>>
>> The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
>> software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
>> shop, or other graphic programs.
>>
>> I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).
>>

>The actual error messages would be helpful in identifying a work around.

When I get a minute I'll try re-installing it... I'll take notes!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
>
>If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
>right... things terminating in unusual ways...
>
>Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
>interfere with windows?
>
>The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
>software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
>shop, or other graphic programs.
>
>I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

Forget the old software and run something that works.
Paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/ or
Gimp http://www.gimp.org/
--

Targeting Suicide Market