Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Deploying cisco vpn client software via group policy

Deploying cisco vpn client software via group policy

jas0n

Is it possible to deploy Cisco VPN Client software by group policy on a
windows 2003 domain?

I was told it wasnt due to the temporary network disconnection caused
during the software install.

Ive a 1000 systems spread over multiple sites and don't want to have to
upgrade manually.

jmiddleton

On Sep 29, 6:29 pm, jas0n <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to deploy Cisco VPN Client software by group policy on a
> windows 2003 domain?
>
> I was told it wasnt due to the temporary network disconnection caused
> during the software install.
>
> Ive a 1000 systems spread over multiple sites and don't want to have to
> upgrade manually.

jas0n,
I am not too sure on updating the software via Group Policy but we use
Microsoft SMS to upgrade the Cisco VPN client software with no issue.
It should copy the install files locally to the machine before doing
the upgrade since there is a temporary loss of connectivity.