Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > question about <add assembly ...> tag

question about <add assembly ...> tag

Bob

Hi,

i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an application:

<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>

Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I use
VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or something?
(by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the application still works
...)

Thanks
Bob

Alex Meleta

Hi Bob,

See this stuff:
http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/sea...bly&lang=en-us

Regards, Alex
[TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com

> Hi,
>
> i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an
> application:
>
> <compilation debug="true">
> <assemblies>
> <add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
> </assemblies>
> </compilation>
> Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I
> use VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or
> something? (by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the
> application still works ..)
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 29, 12:06 pm, "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an application:
>
> <compilation debug="true">
> <assemblies>
> <add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
> </assemblies>
> </compilation>
>
> Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I use
> VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or something?
> (by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the application still works
> ..)
>
> Thanks
> Bob

<assemblies> and <add assembly> define an assemblies that are used
during compilation of an ASP.NET application
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bfyb45k1.aspx

vjslib is a class library of Visual J#, and if you are using a
language other than Visual J#, then you don't need that reference

Bob

Thanks to both

"Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...