Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connect 2 Locations - 50 yards apart - w/good line of sight

Connect 2 Locations - 50 yards apart - w/good line of sight

JP

Can someone give me some advice as to the products I should look at?

Requirements:

Two residential businesses about 50-75 yards apart, line of sight is
available. First location has 50 users, second location WILL HAVE 20 users
(NEW location). We have Windows 2003 AD, Exchange 2003 - all native.

(1) Can this be done by two WRT54G routers or something more business
related?

(2) What kind of products do I need to link the two locations wirelessly?
Is it bridges or something else - please expound on your suggestion some -

Thank you.

Sooner Al

Maybe both wired to your ISP and run a VPN between the networks... Faster and more secure, IMHO...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone give me some advice as to the products I should look at?
>

> Requirements:
>
> Two residential businesses about 50-75 yards apart, line of sight is
> available. First location has 50 users, second location WILL HAVE 20 users
> (NEW location). We have Windows 2003 AD, Exchange 2003 - all native.
>
> (1) Can this be done by two WRT54G routers or something more business
> related?
>
> (2) What kind of products do I need to link the two locations wirelessly?
> Is it bridges or something else - please expound on your suggestion some -
>

> Thank you.

Lindley

How can it be faster than DSL - even with VPN?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...