Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > can't boot in safe mode

can't boot in safe mode

Mike De Petris

It was a very long time I didn't need to boot in safe mode in xp x64,
today I discovered I get a BSOD and found no way to fix the problem.

Do you know what can one do to fix safe mode, possibily having care
not to touch the normal booting configuration please?

John Barnes

Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode? Have you made any recent
changes, like driver updates or Windows updates? What are the error messages
and codes. If you get the same BSOD in normal mode, run using the do not
automatically restart mode so you can more easily get your error messages.
If nothing else works, you may have to do a repair install from your install
CD.

"Mike De Petris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> It was a very long time I didn't need to boot in safe mode in xp x64,
> today I discovered I get a BSOD and found no way to fix the problem.
>
> Do you know what can one do to fix safe mode, possibily having care
> not to touch the normal booting configuration please?

John Barnes

Did you try last known good any time along the way?

On Sep 29, 3:50 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode?
> Did you try last known good any time along the way?

Ok, english is not my language

- xp x64
- normal mode is ok
- any safe mode gives BSOD
- it's a long time I do not use safe mode
- I installed a lot of new drivers and software in the while
- I do not want to risk my normal mode configuration with experiments

thank you

John Barnes

Clear now. I would go into normal mode and in system/advanced
settings/startup uncheck the box to automatically restart. This should give
you the opportunity to get the error codes and messages.

"Mike De Petris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Sep 29, 3:50 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode?
>> Did you try last known good any time along the way?

> Ok, english is not my language
>
> - xp x64
> - normal mode is ok
> - any safe mode gives BSOD
> - it's a long time I do not use safe mode
> - I installed a lot of new drivers and software in the while
> - I do not want to risk my normal mode configuration with experiments
>
> thank you

roman modic

Hello!

Have you installed SpyWareBot recently?
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...safe-mode.html

HTH, Roman

"Mike De Petris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Sep 29, 3:50 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode?
>> Did you try last known good any time along the way?

> Ok, english is not my language
>
> - xp x64
> - normal mode is ok
> - any safe mode gives BSOD
> - it's a long time I do not use safe mode
> - I installed a lot of new drivers and software in the while
> - I do not want to risk my normal mode configuration with experiments
>
> thank you

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpY2VwcA==?=

Try "Safemode with Command Prompt", and then use the Windows Key on your
keyboard to access what you need.