Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Stardard controls vs HTML controls

Stardard controls vs HTML controls

Sems

Can someone tell me the rule for when to use a standard server control
vs using an HTML control on an asp webpage?

Thanks

A general rule of thumb is to use the (heavier) web controls only when their
extra features make it worth using them instead of the lighter-weight, less
functional HTML controls.

I've written a more detailed comparison here:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,