Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > This device cannot start. (Code 10)

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

=?Utf-8?B?cnVsaXJhaG0=?=

Hi, suddenly, my BT PC Card stop working. The error on Device Manager is
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have tried to re-install the device
from Device Manager and also completely re-install its software (came with
the box).

But, if I just change my computer's name, reboot, then the device work
again. But not forever. After 8 hours my computer turned off or hibernated,
then the error back again.

What could be the problem then?
--
RR

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

In most cases, this is a device diver issue. Right click on the device and
click "Update Driver" to update the drivers for the wireless. Or go to the
website of the device's manufacturer, and check the up-to-date drivers. Or
this search result may help too.

Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in ...
If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the
following error message:. This device cannot start. (Code 10) ...
support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"rulirahm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, suddenly, my BT PC Card stop working. The error on Device Manager is
> "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have tried to re-install the
> device
> from Device Manager and also completely re-install its software (came with
> the box).
>
> But, if I just change my computer's name, reboot, then the device work
> again. But not forever. After 8 hours my computer turned off or
> hibernated,
> then the error back again.
>
> What could be the problem then?
> --
> RR

=?Utf-8?B?cnVsaXJhaG0=?=

I already tried the "Update Driver" so many times and also go to the website
of the device's manufacture. No help

Also I already read that support.microsoft.com/kb/310123.
--
RR