Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CDs/DVDs not being recognised by appropriate drives?

Reply
Thread Tools

CDs/DVDs not being recognised by appropriate drives?

 
 
allen@example.invalid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
Hello, until recently, when I put a cd/dvd into my cd/dvd drives my
computer would recognise them and open up.
Now, they don't recognise them, either drive remains dormant...?
Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Allen
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
olfart
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, until recently, when I put a cd/dvd into my cd/dvd drives my
> computer would recognise them and open up.
> Now, they don't recognise them, either drive remains dormant...?
> Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks.
> Allen


Did you change the brand of discs you use???
Do the drives show up in Device Manager?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
allen@example.invalid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:50:44 -0400, "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hello, until recently, when I put a cd/dvd into my cd/dvd drives my
>> computer would recognise them and open up.
>> Now, they don't recognise them, either drive remains dormant...?
>> Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks.
>> Allen

>
>Did you change the brand of discs you use???

No.
>Do the drives show up in Device Manager?

It says they are working properly, but don't know what you mean by
'showing up properly'...? As you can see I'm not very auvait with
this sort of analizing. (Win XP Home) = I went into Control Panel>
Administrative tools> Computer management> Device manager> then:
DVD/CD Rom Drives....both drives show as ok?
Allen

 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:34:18 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

>Hello, until recently, when I put a cd/dvd into my cd/dvd drives my
>computer would recognise them and open up.
>Now, they don't recognise them, either drive remains dormant...?
>Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks.


Open My Computer. Right Click CD Drive. Choose Properties. Select the
AutoPlay tab and select the option you want.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
allen@example.invalid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:13:30 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>Open My Computer. Right Click CD Drive. Choose Properties. Select the
>AutoPlay tab and select the option you want.

Hello Evan, I've done that but nowt happens?
I put in a disk = cd/dvd wether empty or containing material/songs etc
The Drive icons used to 'enlarge' then it would ask what I wanted to
do, but now, nothing happens? I'm off to bed.
Allen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Fred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:13:30 -0700, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
>>Open My Computer. Right Click CD Drive. Choose Properties. Select the
>>AutoPlay tab and select the option you want.

> Hello Evan, I've done that but nowt happens?
> I put in a disk = cd/dvd wether empty or containing material/songs etc
> The Drive icons used to 'enlarge' then it would ask what I wanted to
> do, but now, nothing happens? I'm off to bed.


Try the Microsoft Autoplay repair wizard.
The Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard scans your computer devices to find
defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en


 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2007
(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
>
> Hello, until recently, when I put a cd/dvd into my cd/dvd drives my
> computer would recognise them and open up.
> Now, they don't recognise them, either drive remains dormant...?


Note that the drive _may_ have gone bad, or another drive on the same
IDE channel may have gone bad.



--
http://www.bootdisk.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVD not being recognised Ken Doughty Computer Support 3 02-11-2007 04:18 PM
JPEG files not being recognised by domestic DVD player nick@godkin.wanadoo.co.uk Digital Photography 9 11-17-2006 10:11 AM
Master Password not being recognised? Reg M Firefox 6 09-15-2006 02:18 PM
Javascript file not being called at appropriate time in 2.0? Roy ASP .Net 1 04-20-2006 03:52 PM
Lost work due to USB flash pen not being recognised properly numberonepipboy Computer Support 1 07-15-2004 09:36 AM



Advertisments