Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Spyder2Express - Laptop Calibration Problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Spyder2Express - Laptop Calibration Problem

 
 
BRH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
I'm trying to calibrate my laptop's display using Colorvision's
Spyder2Express. Although the procedure runs thru to the end and results
in a much improved display, the new display configuration doesn't get saved.

I get the following message instead: "Sorry - no calibration data was
found in the profile "sRGB Color Space Profile" for display "Plug and
Play Monitor". Please select a different profile using "Profile
Chooser" (116."

I have it set to calibrating an LCD screen, but the final adjustments
don't "stick". I get a similar message to this after booting up now as
well -- something about failing to load the new profile. So,
apparently, it's looking for a new profile but can only find the
system's default color profile.

Can anyone help me out with this? It worked fine on my CRT monitor for
my desktop system. I have tried it a number of times on the laptop, but
continue to get this message.

FWIW, my laptop is an HP Entertainment Pavilion 6119US. It's display is
a GeForce Go 6150. The operating system is WiXP Media Edition (SP2).

Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Bean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:45:14 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:
>I get the following message instead: "Sorry - no calibration data was
>found in the profile "sRGB Color Space Profile" for display "Plug and
>Play Monitor". Please select a different profile using "Profile
>Chooser" (116."


The profile it creates is called "Spyder2express", not "sRGB
Color Space Profile". I suspect it can't change the settings
it needs to do its job.

Do you have administrator rights on the laptop when you're
calibrating? I'm afraid I don't know anything about the
flavour of XP you're using.

--
John Bean
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
BRH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
John Bean wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:45:14 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:
>
>>I get the following message instead: "Sorry - no calibration data was
>>found in the profile "sRGB Color Space Profile" for display "Plug and
>>Play Monitor". Please select a different profile using "Profile
>>Chooser" (116."

>
>
> The profile it creates is called "Spyder2express", not "sRGB
> Color Space Profile". I suspect it can't change the settings
> it needs to do its job.
>
> Do you have administrator rights on the laptop when you're
> calibrating? I'm afraid I don't know anything about the
> flavour of XP you're using.
>


Yes, I have administrator rights. I get the message that the profile it
creates is called "Spyder2express" but a) I can't find it anywhere and
b) Even if I could find it, how do I load it? (I would have thought the
software would take care of this automatically. It did on my desktop CRT.)

Any idea what the "Profile Chooser" is? I can't find that anywhere either.

Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Bean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:02:51 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:

>Yes, I have administrator rights. I get the message that the profile it
>creates is called "Spyder2express" but a) I can't find it anywhere and
>b) Even if I could find it, how do I load it? (I would have thought the
>software would take care of this automatically. It did on my desktop CRT.)


That's why I thought it might be a rights issue. Maybe it's
the XP version that's causing the problem.

>Any idea what the "Profile Chooser" is? I can't find that anywhere either.


I assume it means in the display properties. In XP Pro I'd
bring up the display properties sheet, select the "Settings"
tab and click "Advanced" then select the "Color Management"
tab. There are probably other ways to get to it though.

The actual profiles are normally in
<windows>\system32\spool\drivers\color (at least in XP Pro)
and I'd imagine that's where the Spyder software expects to
find them. Maybe the "Media Edition" of XP is confusing it.

--
John Bean
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pete D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2007

"John Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:02:51 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:
>
>>Yes, I have administrator rights. I get the message that the profile it
>>creates is called "Spyder2express" but a) I can't find it anywhere and
>>b) Even if I could find it, how do I load it? (I would have thought the
>>software would take care of this automatically. It did on my desktop
>>CRT.)

>
> That's why I thought it might be a rights issue. Maybe it's
> the XP version that's causing the problem.
>
>>Any idea what the "Profile Chooser" is? I can't find that anywhere
>>either.

>
> I assume it means in the display properties. In XP Pro I'd
> bring up the display properties sheet, select the "Settings"
> tab and click "Advanced" then select the "Color Management"
> tab. There are probably other ways to get to it though.
>
> The actual profiles are normally in
> <windows>\system32\spool\drivers\color (at least in XP Pro)
> and I'd imagine that's where the Spyder software expects to
> find them. Maybe the "Media Edition" of XP is confusing it.
>
> --
> John Bean


That is exactly where my Spyder2 profile is.


 
Reply With Quote
 
BRH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2007
Pete D wrote:
> "John Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:02:51 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Yes, I have administrator rights. I get the message that the profile it
>>>creates is called "Spyder2express" but a) I can't find it anywhere and
>>>b) Even if I could find it, how do I load it? (I would have thought the
>>>software would take care of this automatically. It did on my desktop
>>>CRT.)

>>
>>That's why I thought it might be a rights issue. Maybe it's
>>the XP version that's causing the problem.
>>
>>
>>>Any idea what the "Profile Chooser" is? I can't find that anywhere
>>>either.

>>
>>I assume it means in the display properties. In XP Pro I'd
>>bring up the display properties sheet, select the "Settings"
>>tab and click "Advanced" then select the "Color Management"
>>tab. There are probably other ways to get to it though.
>>
>>The actual profiles are normally in
>><windows>\system32\spool\drivers\color (at least in XP Pro)
>>and I'd imagine that's where the Spyder software expects to
>>find them. Maybe the "Media Edition" of XP is confusing it.
>>
>>--
>>John Bean

>
>
> That is exactly where my Spyder2 profile is.
>
>


That's exactly where it's installed on my Media Center Laptop, too.
Unfortunately, the system wasn't "finding" it upon boot-up. So, I
right-clicked on the profile .icm file and chose "Associate....".
Although I didn't know what this would do, I had it associate the
profile with my default monitor, and now it appears to be working.

Weird. It apparently had to be "associated" with the default monitor
manually.

Thanks for all the help!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop A -> Wireless Router -> Laptop B and Laptop C ??? rafael Wireless Networking 7 01-21-2008 02:10 AM
Monitor Calibration. Colorvision Calibration Looks Incorrect Haydon Digital Photography 7 05-23-2007 08:52 PM
Monitor Calibration, Gamma/Brightness Problem ebaycostanalyzer@gmail.com Digital Photography 3 09-15-2006 09:54 AM
Laptop calibration controls... Help! Rob B Digital Photography 0 07-31-2006 08:20 PM
Laptop calibration and brightness settings??? sharjo23 Digital Photography 2 05-18-2006 01:51 AM



Advertisments