Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Request.Url.Host + SSL

Request.Url.Host + SSL

Object01

Are there any known issues regarding the use of Request.Url.Host on an
SSL-enabled site? Requests for my application are of the form
http://abc.com/myPage.aspx, but Request.Url.Host returns "def.geh.com"
rather than "abc.com".

The "def.geh.com" part seems to be the machine's name followed by its
DNS suffix. But I expected Request.Url.Host to return whatever was
passed in the Host Header of the HTTP GET request.

The environment is Windows Server 2003 running IIS 6.0, ASP.NET 2.0.

Am I misunderstanding this property or is this behavior unusual?

--
Jeff S.

bruce barker

probably you are running with a ssl accelerater (say bigip) that sits
infront of the web servers. it probably translates the host name.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)