Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File Name Limitations, & RecordNow Plus For DVD Burning ?

File Name Limitations, & RecordNow Plus For DVD Burning ?

Robert11

Hello,

Have been using RecordNow Plus to burn some DVD's over the years, that are
just composed of text files. No video, etc.

Using XP, and this program came pre-loaded on the PC from Dell (about 3 yrs
old now)

I just tried to burn a DVD, again with text only, but it comes back to me
with an error msg that the file names are too long. Surprised that it won't
accept anything XP will accept ?

Was wondering as I'm not very good with this stuff.

Is there anything likely on my PC that perhaps came preloaded with XP that
will enable me to burn a DVD with, I guess, somewhat long file names. The
names really aren't all that long.

If so, what and where, please ?

Would be a real inconvenience to try and shorten them all.

Thanks,
Bob

cineman

Goto My computer, double left click your dvd drive to open as folder reduce
in size to about half screen or less
open folder where your files are stored you want to burn. reduce in size to
under half screen, lay side by side both dvd drive window and folder window
Now comes the hard bit... drag all files you want burn into the writable
window.
When complete you should have option to burn , this in menu on left hand
side of writable window.
Thats the way to do it.
regards
Cineman

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello,
>
> Have been using RecordNow Plus to burn some DVD's over the years, that are
> just composed of text files. No video, etc.
>
> Using XP, and this program came pre-loaded on the PC from Dell (about 3
> yrs old now)
>
> I just tried to burn a DVD, again with text only, but it comes back to me
> with an error msg that the file names are too long. Surprised that it
> won't accept anything XP will accept ?
>
> Was wondering as I'm not very good with this stuff.
>
> Is there anything likely on my PC that perhaps came preloaded with XP that
> will enable me to burn a DVD with, I guess, somewhat long file names. The
> names really aren't all that long.
>
> If so, what and where, please ?
>
> Would be a real inconvenience to try and shorten them all.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

dadiOH

Robert11 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have been using RecordNow Plus to burn some DVD's over the years,
> that are just composed of text files. No video, etc.
>
> Using XP, and this program came pre-loaded on the PC from Dell
> (about 3 yrs old now)
>
> I just tried to burn a DVD, again with text only, but it comes back
> to me with an error msg that the file names are too long.
> Surprised that it won't accept anything XP will accept ?
>
> Was wondering as I'm not very good with this stuff.
>
> Is there anything likely on my PC that perhaps came preloaded with
> XP that will enable me to burn a DVD with, I guess, somewhat long
> file names. The names really aren't all that long.
>
> If so, what and where, please ?
>
> Would be a real inconvenience to try and shorten them all.

After you open RecordNow and select the type of disk you want (data)
click on the options button and see what is available for DVD. On my
ancient version of the program there are two for file name length - up
to 108 characters and up to 128. Either of those should be plenty so
I don't understand why you are getting an error message.

You said you have been using RecordNow for some time. Presumably
without problems so what are you doing different now?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Re: How to get the file name from a String containing the path plus the file name? Mike Schilling Java 2 03-05-2010 03:53 AM
Sonic RecordNow Rob J NZ Computing 9 09-25-2005 10:40 AM
sonic recordnow problem drwndphish Computer Support 1 03-07-2004 11:20 PM
C plus plus vs C Sharp The LoxFather C Programming 23 08-14-2003 03:51 AM
C plus plus vs C Sharp The LoxFather C++ 23 08-14-2003 03:51 AM

Advertisments