Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FireFox Crashing

FireFox Crashing

J W

Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes on
my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts. I
desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.

Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

Leonidas Jones

J W wrote:
> Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes on
> my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts. I
> desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
> find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
>
> Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...7/win32/en-US/

The the US english version, go back a level if you need another
localization.

Lee

Doubledoom

J W wrote:
> Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes on
> my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts. I
> desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
> find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
>
> Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.

David

J W

Am confused about 1.5.0.1 rc1 .... when you go to their website all you'll
find is 1.5.

What's up with that?

"Doubledoom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>J W wrote:
>> Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes
>> on my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts.
>> I desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can
>> not find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

> Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.
>
> David

Leonidas Jones

J W wrote:
> Am confused about 1.5.0.1 rc1 .... when you go to their website all you'll
> find is 1.5.
>
> What's up with that?
>
> "Doubledoom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> J W wrote:
>>> Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes
>>> on my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts.
>>> I desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can
>>> not find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

>> Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.
>>
>> David

Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems with
the 1.5 release.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...es/1.5.0.1rc1/

Lee

Doubledoom

>>> Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.
>>>
>>> David

> Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
> not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems with
> the 1.5 release.
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...es/1.5.0.1rc1/
>
> Lee

Which he is.... so it would make sense to try it. It certainly sorted
my problems out. It could be argued that at the moment, 1.5.0.1 is more
stable than 1.5

David

Leonidas Jones

Doubledoom wrote:

>> Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
>> not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems
>> with the 1.5 release.
>>
>> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...es/1.5.0.1rc1/
>>
>> Lee

> Which he is.... so it would make sense to try it. It certainly sorted
> my problems out. It could be argued that at the moment, 1.5.0.1 is more
> stable than 1.5
>
> David

Oh, I certainly agree. If I hadn't I wouldn't have provided the link.

I just wanted everyone to be clear that is a testing build, and to
proceed at their own risk. If someone is having problems, its a very
acceptable risk.

I expect the release very soon, and if software updating is turned on,
it will auto update itself when its ready.

Lee

Lee