Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What is the best way to view and delete photos in a full page view

What is the best way to view and delete photos in a full page view

q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com

I take 100's of action football pictures and keep the best 5%.
I am running Windows Vista and open the picture in full page in
Windows Photo Gallery.
I then close the photo and delete it if it is not good. The large
icon view is not large enough to evaluate the pictures. Is there any
software that allows a full page view of a jpg and from the full page
view allows deleting?

Thanks

Steven Campbell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
>I take 100's of action football pictures and keep the best 5%.
> I am running Windows Vista and open the picture in full page in
> Windows Photo Gallery.
> I then close the photo and delete it if it is not good. The large
> icon view is not large enough to evaluate the pictures. Is there any
> software that allows a full page view of a jpg and from the full page
> view allows deleting?
>
> Thanks

Does pressing delete on your keyboard not delete the picture while viewing
in Windows Photo Gallery?

Bill

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 03:49:59 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I take 100's of action football pictures and keep the best 5%.
>I am running Windows Vista and open the picture in full page in
>Windows Photo Gallery.
>I then close the photo and delete it if it is not good. The large
>icon view is not large enough to evaluate the pictures. Is there any
>software that allows a full page view of a jpg and from the full page
>view allows deleting?
>
>Thanks

Irfanview - freeware. I view in fullscreen mode, advancing to the
next photo with the mouse wheel and hit the delete key for any photo
that I don't want to keep.

HTH
Bill

Ron Hunter

> I take 100's of action football pictures and keep the best 5%.
> I am running Windows Vista and open the picture in full page in
> Windows Photo Gallery.
> I then close the photo and delete it if it is not good. The large
> icon view is not large enough to evaluate the pictures. Is there any
> software that allows a full page view of a jpg and from the full page
> view allows deleting?
>
> Thanks

Irfanview. Free, and works great. You can view the picture at full
screen, and just press 'delete' for any you don't want to keep.