Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AAA reconfig

AAA reconfig

Branigan

I have some routers someone turned over that had a previous AAA
configuration. This was removed with no aaa-newmodel. When I enabled the
new-model and created my own configuration the former stuff seemed to come
back and lock me out. I shut down the tacacs server for a moment and got in,
but all of their configuration for aaa was back in. Is there a way to remove
the aaa config with reseting the router, so I dont get caught like this
again?

thx,

Alf

You have to remover the lines using the no command. The no aaa
new-model does nothing more than act like an on off switch for tacacs.
Hope this helps!!

Branigan

Alf,
i know that, but what happens is we have taken over some routers from
another company. they had aaa config, which cannot be seen until you turn on
aaa new-model. when you turn on aaa new-model their old stuff comes up and
locks you our of the router/switch. I guess the best way to beat this is to
just configure one at a time and use the method I described before. ie.
shutdown the tacacs server.

"Alf" <(E-Mail Removed)12.wi.us> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> You have to remover the lines using the no command. The no aaa
> new-model does nothing more than act like an on off switch for tacacs.
> Hope this helps!!

Vivek

They must have command authorization enabled in the config. Thats the only
way you can be locked out after being logged in also.

Create a blank command authorization set and apply it to a user/group. This
should help you.

aaa<br /> gets turned into aaa<BR> with innerHTML yawnmoth Javascript 4 04-22-2009 01:09 AM
aaa authorization and aaa accounting with Cisco ACS and 1231 AP's Chris_D Cisco 4 08-01-2005 08:03 AM
the different between aaa m1[100] and aaa *p = new [100] C++ 5 03-15-2005 08:22 AM
bgp soft reconfig SysAdm Cisco 0 11-28-2004 07:56 PM
Mutliple Virtual Profiles with local AAA Andy Gray Cisco 7 10-29-2003 02:22 PM

Advertisments