Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Volume Mp3

Volume Mp3

Bigbri

Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

Evan Platt

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:16:15 GMT, "Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
>that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

Take your pick.

meerkat

"Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3kTKi.30428$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on
> mp3`s
> that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

Go to www.google.com, and type in mp3gain.
bw..

who'sthat

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:16:15 GMT, "Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
>that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

You didn't specify for playback or for burning and you didn't specify
which player you use.

For burning most have a volume leveler option. Just to toss them in
your MP3 player and let them play you'll have to fix each one
individually.

Dr. Hackenbush

"Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3kTKi.30428$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
> that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

mp3gain is the best

John

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:44:19 GMT, "Dr. Hackenbush"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:3kTKi.30428$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
>> that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated
>>

>mp3gain is the best

I don't think so. They claim it is lossless, but I can tell a
noticeable difference with tracks that have been run through MP3Gain.

And besides that, you can use it to normalize two different tracks to
93 dB and the two tracks can still have different volume levels.

Smirnoff

"Bigbri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3kTKi.30428$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Wanted free D/l I wish to be able to standardise the volume on mp3`s
> that I have copied from various sources. Help much appreciated

Have you tried iTunes? It has a sound check facility to adjust/equalise
volume on playback and burning.