Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > copy files

copy files

=?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=

i have two wireless desktop computers and i want to copy 800mb of files from
one computer to the other

however i get an error message saying that some of the files which are in
sub directorys are too deep to copy and the copy procedure aborts which is a
pain in the arse.

how do i sort it out

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Max <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> i have two wireless desktop computers and i want to copy 800mb of
> files from one computer to the other
>
> however i get an error message saying that some of the files which
> are in sub directorys are too deep to copy and the copy procedure
> aborts which is a pain in the arse.
>
> how do i sort it out

Try using robocopy from the resource kit - you can download it from MS. You
might copy the file to your \system32 subfolder in your windows/winnt
directory on the source computer.

E.g.:

robocopy <source>\ <destination>\ /e /r:1 /w:1

(means, copy source to destination, including subfolders, retry once, wait 1
second between retries

robocopy c:\folder\ \\otherPC\sharefolder\ (etc)

robocopy /??? will give you all the parameters.

Note that if there are spaces anywhere you need to enclose the paths in
double quotes and put the \ after the last double quote...
robocopy "c:\my folder\my subfolder"\ "\\othercomputer\folder name"\ (etc)

You can re-run this over 'n over again; after the first copy is complete,
re-running it will copy over only newer/changed items. It's very handy.