Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sreensaver question

Sreensaver question

Mike the Brewer

I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list. (XP
pro SP2 )
However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show images in
strict sequence according to file number,
rather that at random.
( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in places
in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
find any reference to screensaver.

--
Mike W

Ed Cryer

"Mike the Brewer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5tNKi.15882$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list.
>(XP pro SP2 )
> However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show
> images in strict sequence according to file number,
> rather that at random.
> ( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in
> places in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
> find any reference to screensaver.
>
> --
> Mike W

I would have thought that if it was available at all it would be in the
Settings. All I have in mine are;
1. How often should picture change?
2. How big should picture be?
3. Select folder/s to use.
4. Stretch small pics.
5. Show file names.
6. Use transition effects
7. Allowing scrolling through pics.

My guess is that random select is hard-coded in the program; not a
parameter.

Ed

Candy Applez

of course, as you would probably add or remove pictures

"Ed Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fdg9d7$do1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mike the Brewer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5tNKi.15882$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list.
> >(XP pro SP2 )
> > However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show
> > images in strict sequence according to file number,
> > rather that at random.
> > ( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in
> > places in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
> > find any reference to screensaver.
> >
> > --
> > Mike W
> >

> I would have thought that if it was available at all it would be in the
> Settings. All I have in mine are;
> 1. How often should picture change?
> 2. How big should picture be?
> 3. Select folder/s to use.
> 4. Stretch small pics.
> 5. Show file names.
> 6. Use transition effects
> 7. Allowing scrolling through pics.
>
> My guess is that random select is hard-coded in the program; not a
> parameter.
>
> Ed

Another

Mike the Brewer wrote:
> I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list. (XP
> pro SP2 )
> However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show images in
> strict sequence according to file number,
> rather that at random.
> ( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in places
> in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
> find any reference to screensaver.

According the FAQs you can create a screen saver with irfanview. I have
used irfanview but not to create screen savers. See irfanview.com. Its
free for non-commercial use.