Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > WSQ image library for PHP

WSQ image library for PHP

info@cognaxon.com

For fingerprint images WSQ (Wavelet Scalar Quantization) is superior
to other lossy compression methods, such as JPEG, and was chosen by
FBI (U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation) as the fingerprint image
compression standard. WSQ is a lossy compression method that is
well-suited for preserving the very high resolution details of
grayscale
images while maintaining high compression ratios of typically 12:1 to
15:1.

Cognaxon WSQ image library provides the easy way to add WSQ image
format support to your software projects. WSQ image library reads and
converts between WSQ and 11 other graphic file formats, it is small
(~1.5 Megabyte) and fast.

Supported formats for reading: WSQ,BMP, TIFF,TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF,
TGA, PCX, RGB, PSD, CEL, IFF.
Supported formats for writing: WSQ, BMP, PNG, RGB, TGA.

Adding WSQ image library to your software project is very easy.
Only 2-3 steps and several lines of code are needed.

Sample projects are provided for:
GNU C Compiler GCC,
Trolltech Qt C++,
Sun Java,
PHP.

To find out more about using WSQ image library in PHP projects please
read the pages:
http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?pa...y_forlinux#PHP
and
http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlib_phpnotes

For latest version and more information please visit:
http://www.cognaxon.com

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:47:52
GMT scribed:

> For fingerprint images WSQ (Wavelet Scalar Quantization) is superior
> to other lossy compression methods, such as JPEG, and was chosen by
> FBI (U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation) as the fingerprint image
> compression standard. WSQ is a lossy compression method that is
> well-suited for preserving the very high resolution details of
> grayscale
> images while maintaining high compression ratios of typically 12:1 to
> 15:1.
>
> Cognaxon WSQ image library provides the easy way to add WSQ image
> format support to your software projects. WSQ image library reads and
> converts between WSQ and 11 other graphic file formats, it is small
> (~1.5 Megabyte) and fast.
>
> Supported formats for reading: WSQ,BMP, TIFF,TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF,
> TGA, PCX, RGB, PSD, CEL, IFF.
> Supported formats for writing: WSQ, BMP, PNG, RGB, TGA.
>
> Adding WSQ image library to your software project is very easy.
> Only 2-3 steps and several lines of code are needed.
>
> Sample projects are provided for:
> GNU C Compiler GCC,
> Trolltech Qt C++,
> Sun Java,
> PHP.
>
> To find out more about using WSQ image library in PHP projects please
> read the pages:
> http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?pa...y_forlinux#PHP
> and
> http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlib_phpnotes
>
> For latest version and more information please visit:
> http://www.cognaxon.com

That's nice but the only time I take pictures of fingers is when there're
interesting boogars on them which look better a little blurry.

--
Neredbojias