Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Press # For VOIP Line

Press # For VOIP Line

Mr Muffin Top

I have a Linksys SPA3102 and use VoipTalk for incoming calls and
VoipDiscount for outgoing. At the moment I have a separate phone for VOIP
calls and PSTN calls as my wife dislikes to use the VOIP system as any echo
irritates her. The echo is only minimal and mainly when she calls the far
east.

My calling plan is this

(<#,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<1471><:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@g w1>|01xx.<:@gw1>|02xx.<:@gw1>|00xx.<:@gw1>|08xx.<: @gw0>|999<:@gw0>|07xx.<:@gw0>)

To be honest I have never really understood it but built it up by asking
advice and cutting and pasting! it works fine.

At the moment calls via the VOIP phone go out via VOIP unless I press # in
which case they go out via PSTN. Is it possible to reverse this so that
calls by default go out via PSTN and if I press # go out via VOIP. This way
my wife would be happy and I could get rid of one of the phones on my desk
and use VOIP for my calls.

Stuart Clark

Mr Muffin Top wrote:

> My calling plan is this
>
> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<1471><:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@g w1>|01xx.<:@gw1>|02xx.<:@gw1>|00xx.<:@gw1>|08xx.<: @gw0>|999<:@gw0>|07xx.<:@gw0>)
>

> To be honest I have never really understood it but built it up by asking
> advice and cutting and pasting! it works fine.
>
> At the moment calls via the VOIP phone go out via VOIP unless I press #
> in which case they go out via PSTN. Is it possible to reverse this so
> that calls by default go out via PSTN and if I press # go out via VOIP.
> This way my wife would be happy and I could get rid of one of the phones
> on my desk and use VOIP for my calls.

Not checked, but something like this:

(<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|0<:@gw0>)

Stuart Clark

Stuart Clark wrote:

> Not checked, but something like this:
>
> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|0<:@gw0>)

Actually I think I meant:

(<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>)

Mr Muffin Top

"Stuart Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stuart Clark wrote:
>>
>> Not checked, but something like this:
>>
>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|0<:@gw0>)

> Actually I think I meant:
>
> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>)

Thanx - I will give it a try

Mr Muffin Top

"Stuart Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stuart Clark wrote:
>>
>> Not checked, but something like this:
>>
>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|0<:@gw0>)

> Actually I think I meant:
>
> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>)

Ok - works - however with my old dialing plan if I dialed a local 6 digit
number via VOIP it added the area code to the number as
|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>|

If I add this back into the dialing plan you suggested
(<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) Then if I dial a 6 figure
number on the phone it goes out via VOIP by default

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Mr Muffin Top wrote:
> "Stuart Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Stuart Clark wrote:
>>>
>>> Not checked, but something like this:
>>>
>>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|0<:@gw0>)

>> Actually I think I meant:
>>
>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>)

> Ok - works - however with my old dialing plan if I dialed a local 6
> digit number via VOIP it added the area code to the number as
>> <:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>|

> If I add this back into the dialing plan you suggested
> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) Then if I dial a 6
> figure number on the phone it goes out via VOIP by default

Change the gw1 in <:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) to @gw0 I believe gw0 is the PSTN.

Mr Muffin Top

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:7ETKi.21603$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Mr Muffin Top wrote:
>> "Stuart Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Actually I think I meant:
>>>
>>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>)

>> Ok - works - however with my old dialing plan if I dialed a local 6
>> digit number via VOIP it added the area code to the number as
>>> <:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>|

>> If I add this back into the dialing plan you suggested
>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) Then if I dial a 6
>> figure number on the phone it goes out via VOIP by default

> Change the gw1 in <:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) to @gw0 I believe gw0 is the
> PSTN.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes if I do that that 6 figure local numbers go
out via the PSTN - that is not the problem as it defaults to PSTN now so
they would anyway. I want to dial a 6 figure number and it go out via PSTN
by default but if I Press # and a 6 figure number it goes out via VOIP -
thanks for your help

Jono

It happens that Mr Muffin Top formulated :
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:7ETKi.21603$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> Mr Muffin Top wrote:
>>> "Stuart Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Ok - works - however with my old dialing plan if I dialed a local 6
>>> digit number via VOIP it added the area code to the number as
>>>
>>> If I add this back into the dialing plan you suggested
>>> (<#,:>xx.<:@gw1>|.<:@gw0>|<:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) Then if I dial a 6
>>> figure number on the phone it goes out via VOIP by default

>> Change the gw1 in <:441625>xxxxxx<:@gw1>) to @gw0 I believe gw0 is the
>> PSTN.

> Thanks for the quick reply. Yes if I do that that 6 figure local numbers go
> out via the PSTN - that is not the problem as it defaults to PSTN now so they
> would anyway. I want to dial a 6 figure number and it go out via PSTN by
> default but if I Press # and a 6 figure number it goes out via VOIP - thanks
> for your help

(<#,:>xx.) will send calls via the VoIP provider configured on Line 1,
if you prefix the call with #

However, (<#,:><:441625>[2-9]xxxxxS0) may be more use - it doesn't
cater for full national dialling over VoIP, though.

So, I think you could also include (<#0,:><:44>xx.)....although it is
late & I'm no expert....and the two elements may clash with one
another...