Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ROT13

ROT13

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>I still haven't found ROT in OE, I think they call it

> Ment to edit this out; POS OE seems very difficult to ROT13
> anything,
> to the point of calling it scramble and unscramble and no help under
> ROT13.

Thank anyway Pennywise, it is sorted now.
If M$ hadn`t scrambled those entries on MY machine, I
wouldn`t have to bother undoing them for my curiosity.

M$ just has to poke it`s nose in everywhere <G>.
bw..

nobody >

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> "nobody >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You cannot scramble messages and post them in Outlook Express

> That doesn't suprise me a bit. but also doesn't sound right, as a copy
> and paste will just paste the text (which is scrambled)

That's just one of the reasons I use Thunderbird. Add the L33T Key
extension and it does all kinds of neat things. I regularily use the
Base64 decode to bust open Oriental spam to find the payload.

pxfoon

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>I can d/load ?.
>Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
>Thanks if you can help.
>I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
>Registry.
>bw..

You can set the userassist keys to not be encrypted to begin with
using the following reg entry -

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\Settings]
"NoEncrypt"=dword:00000001

meerkat

"pxfoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>>I can d/load ?.
>>Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
>>Thanks if you can help.
>>I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
>>Registry.
>>bw..
>>

> You can set the userassist keys to not be encrypted to begin with
> using the following reg entry -
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\Settings]
> "NoEncrypt"=dword:00000001

Thanks for that p.. but the settings key does`nt exist on my XP
pro. Any ideas why ?.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"pxfoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>>>I can d/load ?.
>>>Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
>>>Thanks if you can help.
>>>I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
>>>Registry.
>>>bw..

>> You can set the userassist keys to not be encrypted to begin with
>> using the following reg entry -

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\Settings]
>> "NoEncrypt"=dword:00000001

>Thanks for that p.. but the settings key does`nt exist on my XP
>pro. Any ideas why ?.

then you add it yourself, new key named NoEncrypt with a dword of 1

Of course just incase run Erunt first

The 3,492nd "al-Qaida #2" in Iraq has been killed
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21031907/

Robert Maas, see http://tinyurl.com/uh3t

> From: "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
> I can d/load ?.

Here's one. I've laid out each step separately to make it easy for you
to follow the logic. After each function definition there are some
test cases. Be sure to annotate it to say where you got it.

;Given character to do "rot13" or the like, already checked to be
; within some contiguous rotation range, and the parameters of
; rotation (base character, number of characters, offset for rotate),
; perform the single rotation.
(defun ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate (ch basech nmod noff)
(prog (basnch nch nch0 nch0r nchr chr)
(setq basnch (char-code basech))
(setq nch (char-code ch))
(setq nch0 (- nch basnch))
(setq nch0r (mod (+ nch0 noff) nmod))
(setq nchr (+ nch0r basnch))
(setq chr (code-char nchr))
(return chr)))
;(ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate #\q #\a 26 13)
;(ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate #\Q #\A 26 13)
;(map 'string #'(lambda (ch) (ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate ch basech nmod noff)) "Test123")

;Given arbitrary character, if lower or upper case then perform
; appropriate rot13, else leave as-is.
(defun ch-may-rot13 (ch)
(cond ((lower-case-p ch) (ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate ch #\a 26 13))
((upper-case-p ch) (ch+basech+nmod+noff-rotate ch #\A 26 13))
(t ch)))
;(ch-may-rot13 #\q) (ch-may-rot13 #\Q)
;(map 'string #'ch-may-rot13 "Serq Ublyr'f BPGBORE GUR SVEFG VF GBB YNGR")

;Given string, perform rot13 on alphabetics, leave rest unchanged.
(defun str-rot13 (str) (map 'string #'ch-may-rot13 str))
;(str-rot13 "This is a test.")
;(str-rot13 "Guvf vf n grfg.")
;(str-rot13 "This text has \"quotemarks\" \\etc.\\ in it.")
;(str-rot13 "Guvf grkg unf \"dhbgrznexf\" \\rgp.\\ va vg.")

> Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.

The above should work fine in *any* US-ASCII implementation of Common Lisp.

> I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the Registry.

If you can get those in text form (not pictures), copy the text,
paste it into one of the test cases of str-rot13, be sure to put
backslant in front of any " or \ character within the string, then
copy the whole expression and past into your Lisp where the
functions have already been defined.

meerkat

"Robert Maas, see http://tinyurl.com/uh3t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> From: "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>> I can d/load ?.

> Here's one. I've laid out each step separately to make it easy for
> you
> to follow the logic. After each function definition there are some
> test cases. Be sure to annotate it to say where you got it.

Thanks Robert, but have solved it with `UserAssist`.
bw..

Shorter Rot13 Pure-C Implementation Agent Spikes C Programming 19 03-17-2010 07:22 AM
ROT13(g(2307534882734083072Y,1,0).pbz) thor Java 3 05-29-2008 04:39 PM
rot13 in a more Pythonic style? Andy Dingley Python 19 02-16-2007 06:31 PM
ROT13. Justin gregg Computer Support 64 04-25-2004 09:24 AM
Why does this work? (rot13 function) Eirik C Programming 15 12-18-2003 03:35 AM

Advertisments