Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > VOL icon keeps disappearing

VOL icon keeps disappearing

MZB

This is strange. About 50% of the time I lose the volume icon in the
systray. I can't figure out what is doing this. Usually it starts off in the
systray but within 10 minutes half the time it disappears. I then have to go
into Control Panel to adjust the volume.

Any ideas what can be doing this? I do have the "<" button in the systray
and I know it's not hiding there. Also, in the control panel, the choice to
place sound icon in the systray is checked and as I said it starts out that
way when I start the computer.

But I can't figure out what is removing it.

Any ideas?

(Hmmm.. I know WinPatrol was running and I now don't see that icon either)

I ran my AVG antivirus program and nothing shows.

I am using XP HOME

Mel