Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > mp4 encoding problem!

mp4 encoding problem!

shmartyn@gmail.com

hey i'm having some trouble encoding movies i have stored on my pc..

i'm converting them from a 700 meg avi file to mp4 at 320 x 240

buut the file i get as an output has some problems (or just things i
dont understand )

- the file size is almost the same, even though the size of the frames
is quite alot smaller)

- the audio goes out of sync and is about 2 or 3 seconds out by the
end of the films

any help would be greatly appreciated!

i'm using Xilisoft Iphone Video Converter (i guess theres a high
chance that could be the problem haha)

marty

greigbyrne@gmail.com

I'm having exactly the same problems when converting to mp4 for my
iPod touch (with Xilisoft), and I think the same happened when I tried
it for my PSP. I'm using "Super" as well as "Videora" with no joy -
Super is sometimes perfect but, for reasons I don't yet understand,
decides to crash out in the middle of encoding.

And yes why is the mp4 the same size as the AVI it's encoding?

I'm trying a raft of different applications to do this for me but with
no success so far. Will post again if I get anywhere.

Any help would so appreciated that it would reduce me to weeping
openly after collapsing to my knees.

Greig.

Mp4 encoding gem? Will M. Ruby 1 04-16-2011 04:36 PM
Reading Text File Encoding and converting to Perls internal UTF-8 encoding sln@netherlands.com Perl Misc 2 04-17-2009 11:22 PM
How does MP4 encoding work ? Larz Ruby 0 01-07-2009 11:26 AM
changing JVM encoding; setting -Dfile.encoding doesn't work pasmol@plusnet.pl Java 1 10-08-2004 09:50 PM
Encoding.Default and Encoding.UTF8 Hardy Wang ASP .Net 5 06-09-2004 04:04 PM

Advertisments