Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > HTTPS request

HTTPS request

Johny

If I need to log in to a site using https protocol must I use
certification file and key file?
The class HTTPSConnection syntax is
class HTTPSConnection( host[, port, key_file, cert_file])

and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
Thanks for help.
L.

Larry Bates

Johny wrote:
> If I need to log in to a site using https protocol must I use
> certification file and key file?
> The class HTTPSConnection syntax is
> class HTTPSConnection( host[, port, key_file, cert_file])
>
> and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
> Thanks for help.
> L.

Depends on what the server requires. You can do basic authenticate to a https:
site if it supports it.

-Larry

Johny

On Sep 25, 6:17 pm, Larry Bates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Johny wrote:
> > If I need to log in to a site using https protocol must I use
> > certification file and key file?
> > The class HTTPSConnection syntax is
> > class HTTPSConnection( host[, port, key_file, cert_file])

> > and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
> > Thanks for help.
> > L.

> Depends on what the server requires. You can do basic authenticate to a https:
> site if it supports it.
>
> -Larry

Hello Larry,
Thanks for your reply.
I had to register on this site, so I have Login and Password.
I can log in to the site through normal process on the server(by
filling in the login form).
But I can not login to the site from my Python program.
I use the same procedure as I do for other webservers that require
login information. The only difference is that the server, this time,
is HTTPS server.
So I do not know if I must use a SSL certificate or not and if I can
use HTTP 1.0 or I must use HTTP 1.1 protocol.
Any idea?
Thanks
L.