Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Benefits of c over c++

Benefits of c over c++

Richard Bos

"Malcolm McLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Mark McIntyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
> > sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".

> More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor can do the
> nurse's job,

Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?

That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each _can_ do
the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain jobs easier
than the other.

Richard

CBFalconer

Richard Bos wrote:
> "Malcolm McLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Mark McIntyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>> Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
>>> sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".

>> More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor
>> can do the nurse's job,

> Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?
>
> That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each
> _can_ do the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain
> jobs easier than the other.

Double hah. My wife was a nurse. She had a few opinions and
wasn't shy about correcting doctors.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Christopher Benson-Manica

[comp.lang.c] Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Not room, cellar.

<topicality level="negligible">I seem to recall that even when
drinking bitter in England I saw very few cellars that were not rooms
(I must admit that the beer started off tasty at whatever
temperature it was and remained tasty until the last drop - quite
possibly the highlight of my time across the pond...)

--
C. Benson Manica | I appreciate all corrections, polite or otherwise.
cbmanica(at)gmail.com |