Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Open Source ATI Drivers

Open Source ATI Drivers

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

AMD have announced that they will provide support and assistance for open source drivers, allowing a fully featured ATI driver for Linux:

Quote:
So we have to admit that we're more than a little surprised when AMD told us earlier this month that they intended to do something well outside of the play book and something that we thought was practically impossible: they were going to officially back and provide support for open source drivers for their video cards, in order to establish a solid full feature open source Linux video driver. The noteworthiness of this stems from the fact that the GPU industry is incredibly competitive and consequently incredibly secretive about plans and hardware.
Read more here.

Last edited by unholy; 09-26-2007 at 12:56 AM..