Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Halo 3 Released Tonight..Where is the Linux version? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Halo 3 Released Tonight..Where is the Linux version? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Meat Plow

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:35:34 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

> "Stephan Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:33:40 -0700, collie4roy wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
>>> The best games are written for Windows.
>>>
>>> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
>>> food
>>> soda etc
>>>
>>> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

>> And???
>>
>> I mean alright, I realize that half the population of this planet is
>> foaming at their mouth over this game for some odd reason that I
>> can't
>> understand.

> Well, look at all the Star Wars and Trekkie boobs that dress up while
> holding conventions on *movies* they watched.

And the ****ing idiots waiting in line since 2pm for a game (Halo3) they
reserved months prior.

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> E-tailer cuts licensing costs with Linux server
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | An online retailer has saved more than 56,000 in software licensing
> | costs after moving its IT platform from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...7/09/24/226987

e-tailer-cuts-licensing-costs-with-linux-server.htm

> [...]
> | the following results:
> | ? Provisioning ? 75% of administrators using sophisticated
> | tools can provision a system in less than 1 hour; one
> | third can provision a system in less than 30 minutes.
> | ? Patch management ? most Linux administrators spend less
> | than 5 minutes per server per week on patch management.
> | Sophisticated management tools reduce this effort even
> | further.
> | ? Configuration management ? supporting multiple versions of
> | a given distribution has no discernible impact on
> | Linux management. In some cases, respondents actually had
> | more versions of Windows than Linux.
> | ? Reliability ? most respondents reported 99.99% or higher
> | availability for their Linux systems. A significant number
> | (17%) report no downtime at all.
> | ? Problem resolution ? in over 60% of cases, when problems
> | occur in Linux environments they are diagnosed and
> | repaired in less than 30 minutes, over 8 times faster
> | than industry average.
> | ? Management and support ? 88% of enterprises with Linux and
> | Windows spend less effort managing Linux; 97%
> | believe it is, at worst, the same for both systems.
> | Respondents with sophisticated management tools all report
> | Linux management is the same or easier than Windows
> | management.
> | ? Storage management ? enterprises with sophisticated
> | management tools did not find any significant difference in
> | storage management effort or utilization for either
> | Windows or Linux.
> | ? Resource costs ? most administrators, for either Linux or
> | Windows, earn under $60k. Salaries for combined
> | Linux/Windows administrators are only marginally higher
> | than for Linux-only administrators. Linux skills are
> | readily available.
> | ? Consulting and training costs ? 79% of enterprises spent
> | nothing on Linux consulting, and 63% spent nothing on
> | training. Only 4% spent over $10K on consulting or training.
> | In addition, this research found the following in areas not
> | adequately addressed in previous studies:
> | ? Acquisition costs ? for similar environments, Linux
> | acquisition costs can be almost $60,000 less per server than
> | Windows in software costs alone. Windows also incurs
> | higher hardware costs.
> | ? Productivity ? Linux tends to be more productive, as Linux
> | administrators tend to manage more servers than
> | Windows administrators, and Linux systems tend to handle
> | greater workloads than Windows systems.
> | ? Security Management ? 75% of Linux administrators spend
> | less than 10 minutes per server per week managing
> | security. With sophisticated management tools, this goes
> | up to over 85%.
> | ? Virus and Spyware Management ? 95% of Linux administrators
> | with sophisticated tools spend less than 10
> | minutes per server per week managing viruses and spyware.
> | Respondents strongly endorsed Linux as inherently
> | less vulnerable. No administrator reported spending more

These are extremely powerful statements coming from business.
They are grinding windummies into powder.

chuckcar

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:35:34 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> "Stephan Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> And???
>>>
>>> I mean alright, I realize that half the population of this planet is
>>> foaming at their mouth over this game for some odd reason that I
>>> can't
>>> understand.

>> Well, look at all the Star Wars and Trekkie boobs that dress up while
>> holding conventions on *movies* they watched.

> And the ****ing idiots waiting in line since 2pm for a game (Halo3)
> they reserved months prior.

PT barnum said it best - there's a sucker born every minute. You just
have to find them and you've got a licence to print money.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.

Yes, X Windows. like Xpilot
http://www.xpilot.org/

or xbill for example.
http://www.xbill.org/

Sorry, but only the first runs under windoze. Although xbill running
under MS would be kind of cute I think...

There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
food soda etc.

Well they had to do *something* or the slant-headed proto-humans that
buy any game that M$hit produces wouldn't be slavering to buy anything
that CNN mentions.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V127/N41/graphics/halo3.html

--
Most panty raiders would wait until dark before attempting
to steal a woman's underwear. Or at least wait until she's

whittmadden

On Sep 24, 7:33 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.
>
> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
> food soda etc
>
> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

Somehow I think we'll survive.

Mark Kent

whittmadden <(E-Mail Removed)> espoused:
> On Sep 24, 7:33 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
>> The best games are written for Windows.
>>
>> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
>> food soda etc
>>
>> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

> Somehow I think we'll survive.

I think I can manage without jelly and ice-cream parties, even if they
do have pop as well.

Peter Jackson talks Halo movie Silverstrand Media 2 04-06-2011 02:00 PM
Halo 3 is a go! @ OCModShop Silverstrand Front Page News 8 02-05-2006 10:57 AM
Halo and Halo 2 ww_crimson Gaming 16 09-16-2005 02:57 PM
Video Game Ratings - Halo 2 Steve Freides Computer Support 3 12-27-2004 05:57 PM
God Mode For Halo Kimball K Kinnison Computer Support 6 10-12-2003 11:15 PM

Advertisments