Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Halo 3 Released Tonight..Where is the Linux version? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Halo 3 Released Tonight..Where is the Linux version? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:46f86434$0$21093$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
>> bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
>> your have better fps and its more playable

>So you can run Halo 3 with DirectX9? Surely the graphics will not look as
>good. Or are you saying that there is a DirectX10 hack for XP?

There was a claim that Dx10 had been hacked but from the start it was
questionable.
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl...48239&from=rss

Halo? I've got someone's XBOX here just to play Halo 1
--

Ubuntu is dead, long live PCLinuxOS
http://tinyurl.com/2ptmjt

Tim Smith

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.
>
> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
> food soda etc
>
> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

So where can you get Halo 3 for Windows PCs? About a month ago, Bungie
said it was not even in development.

--
--Tim Smith

Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=

The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

< snip flatfish droppings >

Hi flatbrain
--
Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches. If the vending machine
doesn't sell it, they don't eat it. Vending machines don't sell quiche.

spike1@freenet.co.uk

(E-Mail Removed) did eloquently scribble:
> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.

If you want to play games, buy a toy.
Like XP or vista (snigger...yeah, like that'll be good at playing them)
| (E-Mail Removed) | |

spike1@freenet.co.uk

Synapse Syndrome <(E-Mail Removed)> did eloquently scribble:
> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fd9te7$6c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Found this http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8112
>>

> Well, that nice, but what has this got anything to do with what we are
> talking about here?

Well. There is the fact that the original poster came in guffawing because
it wasn't available for linux...

Not available for XP either is it, without some hackery and we don't know
how well that works either.

How many people have resisted vista or fallen back to XP after trying it and
hating it?

So. HALO 3 doesn't work on XP. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
would've been just as appropriate a response.
| (E-Mail Removed) | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |

jon doglegs

"Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46f86434$0$21093$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
> bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
> your have better fps and its more playable
>
> but if you want to play it on vista your need insane high spec pc , and I
> mean NASA high , research indicated not even a quad core cpu system can
> make vista run faster than xp's performance .
>
> In short vista can burn in hell - bit off topic but what the hell
> If I wanna play halo 3 it will be on the xbox but then ill be forced to
> use the control pad for aiming and its primitive compared to mouse aim ,
> aghh..
>
> on the subject of linux sure it has potential but it lacks support and the
> GUI ****es me off as well, i could go on but i cant be bothered
>
> Steve
>
> Links:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=797&tag=nl.e622
> - research indicating vista is junkware
>

> ps: why do I have the feeling the Linux tribes/cult is about to jump me
> and kill me using angry penguins armed with armoured metal beaks?

.. just becoz you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you ..

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
>> The best games are written for Windows.
>>
>> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
>> food soda etc
>>
>> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

.. its a penury of penguins ... *kweh, kweh, kweh*

spike1@freenet.co.uk

jon doglegs <(E-Mail Removed)> did eloquently scribble:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
>> The best games are written for Windows.
>>
>> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
>> food soda etc
>>
>> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........
>>

> lol, penguins pwned ..

XP can run it, can it?
Or do you need to downgrade?
| (E-Mail Removed) | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |

Stephan Rose

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:33:40 -0700, collie4roy wrote:

> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.
>
> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free food
> soda etc
>
> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

And???

I mean alright, I realize that half the population of this planet is
foaming at their mouth over this game for some odd reason that I can't
understand.

It's a frigging game for crying out loud. Just some twitchy first person
shooter perfect for open mouthed drooling idiots sitting hunched at their
computer desk with their eyes glued to their screen wildly clicking the
mouse everywhere in the hopes they hit something and get to the next
level! YAY!!!

Now, why exactly am I supposed to give a ****?

--
Stephan
2003 Yamaha R6

君のこと思い出す日なんてないのは
君のこと忘れたときがないから

Richard Parkin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
> The best games are written for Windows.

The "best" games are coded by the biggest companies who target the platform
with the largest user base to ensure they get a return on their investment.
The fact that Windows has the biggest user base says nothing about the
relative merits of one OS over another.

Tiberius

I want to verify your claim that vista on even a 4 core machine is slower
than XP even on a single core

"Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46f86434$0$21093$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
> bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
> your have better fps and its more playable
>
> but if you want to play it on vista your need insane high spec pc , and I
> mean NASA high , research indicated not even a quad core cpu system can
> make vista run faster than xp's performance .
>
> In short vista can burn in hell - bit off topic but what the hell
> If I wanna play halo 3 it will be on the xbox but then ill be forced to
> use the control pad for aiming and its primitive compared to mouse aim ,
> aghh..
>
> on the subject of linux sure it has potential but it lacks support and the
> GUI ****es me off as well, i could go on but i cant be bothered
>
> Steve
>
> Links:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=797&tag=nl.e622
> - research indicating vista is junkware
>

> ps: why do I have the feeling the Linux tribes/cult is about to jump me
> and kill me using angry penguins armed with armoured metal beaks?
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
>> The best games are written for Windows.
>>
>> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
>> food soda etc
>>
>> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

Peter Jackson talks Halo movie Silverstrand Media 2 04-06-2011 02:00 PM
Halo 3 is a go! @ OCModShop Silverstrand Front Page News 8 02-05-2006 10:57 AM
Halo and Halo 2 ww_crimson Gaming 16 09-16-2005 02:57 PM
Video Game Ratings - Halo 2 Steve Freides Computer Support 3 12-27-2004 05:57 PM
God Mode For Halo Kimball K Kinnison Computer Support 6 10-12-2003 11:15 PM

Advertisments