Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom Validate

Custom Validate

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9iYnk=?=

Hi,

I am using Cutom Validator to validate email address for a twext box. I
have a vfunction named ValidateEmailID. if I use this function in
ClientValidationFunction it doesn't work and gives me error message. But if
I use this on ServerValidate it works.
I am wonderering what's the difference between ClientValidationFunction and
OnserverValidate and why it was not working on Client side.

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 24, 9:16 pm, bobby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Cutom Validator to validate email address for a twext box. I
> have a vfunction named ValidateEmailID. if I use this function in
> ClientValidationFunction it doesn't work and gives me error message. But if
> I use this on ServerValidate it works.
> I am wonderering what's the difference between ClientValidationFunction and
> OnserverValidate and why it was not working on Client side.

ClientValidationFunction sets the name of the client-side script
function used for validation, and OnServerValidate event has to be
wired up to the server-side validation event handler. So, to make
ClientValidationFunction working with ValidateEmailID you should have
ValidateEmailID as a client script

bruce barker

the ClientValidation runs on the client side and must be written in
javascript.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)